What to expect when your fish is expecting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelle Maynard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
4 pregnant mollies, one pregnant guppy....oh god.

I thought my females had bullies....now I understand what....never mind.

Anyways.

Help?! I haven't breeded babies before and I am worried that they will be eaten. I have one baby dalmation Molly right now that was born on may 15...I had 3 but only the one survived unfortunately....

I don't know what to do! I got a 10. gallon for the one pregnant guppy who was in a lot of stress, and that was originally bought for only 3 pregnant mollies but I decided to keep them in my big fish tank...which is their home. I also got a two way breeding trap for the two who have open rings and square tummies right now. I fell bad that they are stressed but I don't know what to do...

Don't know your tank set up, but you need bottom structure such as plants live or plastic, rocks, not gravel, a flower pot what ever. I would include floating plants live or plastic as this will also help babies, fry, to hide and give the adults something to hold their attention. You can always get a rubber made container and set up a temporary tank for the youg until large enough not to be dinner.

Also doubt your fish are stress, just uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom