Where have the eggs gone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heiko

Aquarium Advice Activist
NOOOOO!

I looked in my tank thismorning and saw that a few of the eggs on the bottom of the cave had dissapeared. I took this as being the parents removing bad eggs. However when i got home from school, i find the plantpot in which the eggs were totally stripped of eggs. And the female was nowhere to be seen.

After a short earch i found her inside my big cave/ornament. There are lost of divets and crevises in this and i was wondering if it was possible she had moved the eggs as she seems to hang around there alot now.

Ill b gutted if the eggs really are gone. But when i saw them being laid and fertilised i wasnt confident that the male had actually done his thing. So maybe they were infertile, can anyone tell me from the pics on my previous thread, they hadnt changed much from that. This is around 60hrs after laying.

If anyone can shed any light that would be great.

I was wondering that your Kribs spawn so much "out in the open" in that clay pot. Mine dug a deep whole into the gravel under the coconut shell and made the entrance so small that they could only get through sideways.

I think it's definitely too early for the fry to swim over to the other place by themselves, they are just wigglers right now, but I don't know if it's possible for the parents to transport the eggs from one place to another. With the better hiding plces and since your female is staying close to the wood maybe they are really there.

I also doubt that the parents would have eaten them all, since they are normally really good parents. And don't worry, I didn't see my male doing his thing neither. I only recognized that he is involved, when he was protecting the cave the next day and was changing shifts every now and then with the female.

Until you will see the little ones swimming around with the parents that should actually take about a week or a little more after spawning.

right,

i was just thinking thismorning when i looked the eggs didnt look any more developed than 48hrs ago. so i was just worried.

o well all we can do is wait i suppose.

Thanks again tiffi

Im thinking they might have been unfertilized.

However the female still seems to be hanging around her new hidey hole like she did when the eggs were in the plantpot. Its been 4 days now, so ill most likely know by yhe end of this week if i have fry.

Hmm, im inturiged to see what happens.

NOPE ITS A DUD!

Its been a full week now and no sign of any fry, so im cutting my loses. Just have 2 keep feeding them well and hope nextime round they can do it right.

Anybody know how long it will be before the female is ready to lay eggs again?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom