Wow, stupid snail question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rexi_doll39

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found a little bundle of pink eggs JUST above the water line in my freshwater tank. i looked on google(with very little help) and found pictures of eggs that looked EXACTLY like these, and from what I've learned, they are from my apple snail. I only have one snail. I know some species can reproduce on their own, but can apple snails? If not, then why are these eggs here and what should I do about it? I'm clueless when it comes to snails! :n00b:

Those apple snail eggs may well be fertile. If they are, they can be easily drowned by getting the cluster wet. It can typically take about 3 weeks for an apple snail clutch to hatch. By the time they hatch the eggs will no longer be the pretty pinkish color they started. they will start to look grey as if they are fungusing before they hatch so don't give up on them too quickly. As has already been said, a female briggs can carry viable sperm to produce fertile eggs over and again for 6 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom