Attachment feature upgrade complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
The upgrade has been complete and here is a list of whats changed as far as the user level is concerned.

All attachments that are uploaded from this point forward if they are larger than 800X600 will be shown as a link vs having the photo appear. This is to help people who still run at the lower resolutions so they dont get slammed with HUGE photos.

Any attachments smaller or equil to 800X600 will be shown like always.

If you edit your post that has an attachment in it you have the option of "updating" the attachement with a newer version of the file. You also have the option of deleting the attached file (not sure if this was an option before or not)

Some items that are not enabled but could be turned on shorly is a thumbnail feature. What this would do would be to create a small thumbnail of the image that is uploaded. This thubnail would then be in the message and users can click on the tumbnail for a larger photo.
(People on dialup might like this feature so if I get positive feedback to this result I will enable it)

This new version is also supposed to be faster so you might :?: notice a slight speed increase in the way the site displays pages in general.

Feel free to post ?'s or comments about this change

Some items that are not enabled but could be turned on shorly is a thumbnail feature. What this would do would be to create a small thumbnail of the image that is uploaded. This thubnail would then be in the message and users can click on the tumbnail for a larger photo.
(People on dialup might like this feature so if I get positive feedback to this result I will enable it)

This feature was turned on at request by some dialup users.

Files larger than 30K will appear as thumbnails automaticly. Images larger than 800x600 will apear as links.

Since the upgrade has been done when I sign on or switch areas I get a screen saying opening page is this part of the upgrade. I only get it on AA

EMS503 said:
Since the upgrade has been done when I sign on or switch areas I get a screen saying opening page is this part of the upgrade. I only get it on AA
\

Oh, u mean that little thing that pops up with the moving line that says please wait while page loads...

?

Thats not a part of this upgrade but was something that was added yes. It was for the slower people on dial up so they in theory woudl know the site was loading and not to think it was not doing anything.

If I get alot of feedback that people dont like it I will remove it.

It dosen't bother me just didnt know if it was a problem. I am on cable so I just blow right by it :D

Back
Top Bottom