Barter/trade feedback suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I like the idea of supporting the ones who send us things from and gives others ideas of who to look to for new plants and such. However, I think it would work better if we started to post comments for certain people under other comments that have been made for that person already. Kind of keep the thread going so others can see how much positive they get. I admit I just posted 3 new ones but that is what brought me here.

Does it seem like a good idea or is it better to put new ones every time you want to leave feedback?

Unless it is taboo I will be doing my feedback under posts already made just to keep a little cleaner and easier to find members with good feedback.

A quick cheat would be to use the polling engine to start a thread for frequent traders. The respondents can "rate" the trader and also post a comment.

Poll is on good for that. As new people come into the poll they will naturally appear lower in the ratings and one can only rate 1 person.

The idea is good assuming people search for an existing topic on someone before starting their own. We would end up having to merge threads constantly.

True, just a thought. Maybe just a note on the forum about before posting to try to find a feedback for the same person or something. Just a thought that I thought all on my own. I know it is odd but it does happen once in a while for me. ;)

In other words, a message giving folks a suggestion to check a members past history? Other than the planted section, you would probably not get a lot of hits on something like that. Most users of the those forums are occassional and not repeat users.

I'll vouch for that statement, lol. I didn't even know it existed or what it was for until I accidently clicked it.

Understood, not used a lot and not needed. Although it is nice it doesn't give names to avoid either so it is just a nice place to put your thought about a trader and maybe better it stays that way. Don't need fueds or disputes over trades gone bad.

Is why I haven't tried to become a moderator, always trying to over simplify things. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom