Problems with browser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonzo82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am a user of the Mozilla Firefox internet browser. This browser is much better than IE. No popups, setting cookies, and you can see everything that is downloaded to your computer, but that is a different story. I was wondering if it is just my computer or if this is what should be happening. I opened the page in IE and it worked fine. But i really dont like using it, constant popups. Is there any way that i can upload using Mozilla or am i going to have to use IE. I love this sight and i would be even happier if i could utilize all of its features. This is in no way a complaint and i will use IE if i have to but i really enjoy Mozilla, much better experience when using the net.

I use this site with firefox on my PC and my Mac...I have no problems. Make sure you have the newest version of Firefox.

I am using it too...default isn't the issue. I know they have updated their browser a ton of times in the last couple months. I am also a computer tech when I am not fish watching...what version is it?

I'd also check firewall and privacy settings, I do not use IE, but I have used netscape, firefox and have used Opera for the last year or more and have had no issues uploading anything to the site.

what do my firewall and privacy settings need to be? I don't think i have changed much as far as the settings go. I am also running a pretty new version, i got it about 2 weeks ago but i havent checked for any updates. I have no idea what the problem is.

when i go to the gallery page the upload photo link is not there. When i use it on IE it is.

Delete all your cookies on fmozilla and then log back in, try logging in from the gallery page, if that doesn't work, delete all your cookies again and log in from the forum page. This is a cookie/session problem.

He apparently has not uploaded any photos, so spce is not an issue. If you click his, view my gallery link, there is nothing there.

Sorry I am grasping. I didn't look to see if he had any. I however use this browswer on both my Windows XP machine and my Mac OS X laptop and have never experienced the upload button not showing up.

Like I said, it's a cookie/session error, we have had this happen with IE as well as other browsers. Another possibility is if he has recently joined a regional forum, might be that the gallery permissions weren't set for the regional forum.

doh, if the upload link is there in IE but not mozilla...it wouldn't be a permission thing, it's a cookie/session problem. I imagine that deleting the cookies and logging in again will work fine.

Yeah that was why it was frustrating...I mean to show up on the same computer on one browser and not another would normally mean a compatibility issue with the website and the browser, but Firefox works great for the rest of us.

i tried deleting the cookies but it still is not working. Jen the version is 1.0 . I also tried logging in from the different places but still no dice.

I logged you out, changed your password and then logged in as you (please check the email you signed up with for your new password, and then change it immediately) from the home page. I had no problems whatsoever uploading a photo to our server, in your gallery using firefox 1.0. There is either a setting on your computer, or in your browser that is preventing you from uploading pics.

Please provide the exact url you are using to access the site

Make sure when you log in you have it set to accept cookies, it's possible that you are actually not logged in when you visit the gallery.

Back
Top Bottom