1.8 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane B

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a small 1.8 gal with a whisper air powered filter, the led is going to be upgraded to a rapid led build. My question is has anyone successfully ran a system with a bubbler type filter? I will post pics a soon as I get started.

bubblers are a big no no in salt water. It will spray salt everywhere and ruin things.

How much experience do you have with salt water so far?

I was actually in the hobby for several years but got out of the hobby about 15yrs ago. I have recently returned to the hobby and I am amazed with the advancements of the hobby itself. Back in the day I just kept fish. I know the issues with bubbles in a saltwater environment.

I have been reading a lot of forums on vase reefs using only a tiny heater and an air stone.

That is the route I am taking with my project

In Sw aeration is done with surface agitation. When you use a bubbler the bubbles that pop at the surface provide the agitation. Even though that is good but as mentioned above will spray the top of your tank with salt water that will dry out and eventually turn to salt creep. I always suggest a bigger tank that will be more forgiving for mistakes and accidents. It can be done but you`ll need to be very diligent. Good luck.

It's going to be in a 1-2 gal vase. If done right the water that splashes out is directed back into the vase

Back
Top Bottom