1 Month old 28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube HQI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ayieh29

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello forum! Its been awhile since I posted something. After a month long roller coaster ride of cycling my tank. I was finally able to reach my first goal of getting over the cycling phase. I just want to share some pics.

Livestock:

1 - Oscellaris Clownfish
1 - Domino Damselfish
1 - Firefish

I'm still wanting to add a little bit more of livestock... So my question is... How many fish can my tank hold and what kind of fish? I'm planning also to put some corals into it.

Thanks for you input!

Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0322_203259588.jpg
    IMG_0322_203259588.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0322_203259660.jpg
    IMG_0322_203259660.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0322_203300542.jpg
    IMG_0322_203300542.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 222
Very nice start! i must say i like your LR is that all one piece? where you get that at?

Thank you for the compliment. The LR is not in one piece, what I did is get some large LR as the foundation and got some medium to small pieces LR for creating walls and holes for the fish. I bought it from my LFS, I picked it one by one cause I want the LR to aesthetic to look at not just piles of LR stacked together. I was happy of how it came out.

how the , what the, your aquascaping skills are awesome! wow....im jealous, did you glue it?

Great start! :)

As far as fish stocking, I'd say you're there. Maybe a goby of some sort... yasha, tangiroa, watchman, etc. They are like jello, there's always room for them.

Inverts are a completely different story though. ;)

nice lr great job on the aquascaping skills. as for live stock yeah a goby would work or a small wrasse

how the , what the, your aquascaping skills are awesome! wow....im jealous, did you glue it?

thank you, i'm glad you like it. As for using glue for aquascaping, no i didn't use any kind of glue. The LR have an even surface with tiny branches that i took advantage of. The LR is like a puzzle if you take a closer look, i just angled it and placed it together. I also give a knock each rock that are pieced together to see if its strong enough so it won't topple. I had a great time aquascaping my tank.

Great start! :)

As far as fish stocking, I'd say you're there. Maybe a goby of some sort... yasha, tangiroa, watchman, etc. They are like jello, there's always room for them.

Inverts are a completely different story though. ;)

i was thinking about getting a goby or blenny, i like those fish. Corals would be a great addition to my tank.

Thank you all for thr compliments and advices!

i am getting itchy to get a larger tank.. i am thinking that 25g rimless cube off of marine depot.com, it comes to the door under 100 bucks. LOL

i also have some old dried out LR from my 30g i could brake up and make something like that.. No way i could get it to look as good as your though.

i am getting itchy to get a larger tank.. i am thinking that 25g rimless cube off of marine depot.com, it comes to the door under 100 bucks. LOL

i also have some old dried out LR from my 30g i could brake up and make something like that.. No way i could get it to look as good as your though.

Sure you can! You can use a chisel and hammer to break big rocks to sizes that you wanted. If you have a plan on how you want your aquascape look like, just follow it. I wanted to put an arch but since my i have a confined space and reached my limit for LR, I can't do it so I settled with my other plan.

Play with the placement of the rocks when aquascaping.

Back
Top Bottom