1 neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldnt use ich treatment, use salt and temperature to kill the ick. My tank is currently recovering from ick and the other fish are doing fine, but less than a day after i introduced the ick medication all of my tetras were dead.

i went to petco last night and i got ick treatment because my husband wouldnt let me turn the temp up on the tank and i asked them that if the ick treatment would hurt the fry and she said yes so i got another tank to put them in or should i just leave them in there to and treat the whole tank i need to know in the next 30 minutes please

The fry need to be treated as well. They have been exposed to the ich. The heat method will not harm them in any way. And it is "free" in a sense. I don't believe in ich treatments, waste of money IMO.

i lost almost all my fish i use to have 5 neons 2 guppies and 10 fry

i am down to 1 guppy 1 neon and 5 fry Dont i repeat dont use chemicals to treat ick i think that is what killed them to but my chinese algae eaters are doing great

if i was to get other fish how long should i wait to get them now since i had ick in the tank

Sorry for all your losses. You need to keep the heat up for 2 weeks after the last of the ich is gone. Also add some active carbon to the filter to remove any meds. After the 2-3 weeks you can introduce new fish again.

If it was me, I'd wait at least a month to add more fish to the tank. During that time I would watch the remaining fish closely for any signs of illness and do twice a week 25% water changes. I always believe it's better to be safe than sorry so take the time to let things "settle" in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom