1 or 2 filters for 125 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PontiacFan87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well im in the process of gathering items to start my new 125 gal build, and was wondering if it would be better to run 2 medium sized canister filters at opposite ends of the tank, or just get one large canister filter. Thoughts?

I have a fx5 and a ac110 on my 135 works great.

I like the one big can, with the cheap hob, so if one goes down its a cheap fix to add another 110 why I save to fix the can. Or if the hob goes down the fx5 can run it with no problem.

I'm lazy so I would just use the one big one so I had less to clean. 2 mediums doesn't sound bad though, that way if one breaks you can think it through instead of having to rush out to the store and get whatever they have.

I agree with aski. You will benefit from his setup as you will have more circulation.

You don't clean a fx5 weekly. I clean mine once a month. The hob, I clean my 110 on the 135 every week. The other two on my 55 I alternate weeks cleaning one a week.

I know, but I'm still lazy, don't even like cleaning my canister once a month unless I have to.

Back
Top Bottom