10 Gal. Aquarium Stocking Questions...Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well since I gave away DP's, I thought id but GBR's but ive always liked having my Aquarium full with fish that are colorful and that are always fun to watch, and also I like to have more than 1 or 2...So far I only have 1 Oto, I have thought about getting 6 or more Cardinal tetras, and getting 2 more Otos, also getting Ghost Shrimp( Oh, and how many would do well in a 10 gal.?) and I havent tought about a center piece fish, So im open to opinions or advice, just remember Id love to have Ghost shrimp...

The cardinals would be ok in a 10, but neons would be better IMO since they stay smaller.

severum mama said:
The cardinals would be ok in a 10, but neons would be better IMO since they stay smaller.
Ive had Neons previously, and they are much more fragile than Cardinals, and Cardinals are also more colorful, but thnaks for the opinion...Any more opinions on a Centerpiece fish? I guess Bettas and Dwarf Gouramis are out of the question....

trio of Apistos

i have never found neons to be any more "fragil" then cardinals IME

JDogg said:
trio of Apistos

i have never found neons to be any more "fragil" then cardinals IME
Well, I guess that leaves me w/ Cardinals are more Colorful than Neons... :D Thanks for your opinion so far heres what Im getting .... 6-Cardinal Tetras. 2- More otos (Making it 3 Total) and some Ghost shrimp(whats a good number?)....Oh and I also had one more question, Can I add a pair of Dwarf Crawfish (Cambarellus Puer)? Or will they eat the cardinals and the Ghost Shrimp? thanks

Why is a betta out of the question? surely the neons don't have fins long/colorful enough to evoke a betta. I have mine in a 10 gal with 3 cories, 3 otos, and a bamboo shrimp and he leaves everyone alone. I've also had people comment that he is much more active than other bettas they have seen, probably because he's in a 10 gal with a filter/heater. I think a betta would be a good centerpiece fish.

aquariumnoob said:
Why is a betta out of the question? surely the neons don't have fins long/colorful enough to evoke a betta. I have mine in a 10 gal with 3 cories, 3 otos, and a bamboo shrimp and he leaves everyone alone. I've also had people comment that he is much more active than other bettas they have seen, probably because he's in a 10 gal with a filter/heater. I think a betta would be a good centerpiece fish.
Well Im not really worried about the Betta getting bullied, but its just that my Filter is made for 20 gal. tanks and make a pretty good water current, I once had a betta w/ neons and they got along ok, but the current made the betta alway hide and I just decided to get him out of the tank, I have it in a 1 gal. tank by its self and some Snails...

Back
Top Bottom