10 gal planted betta/ghost shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: I added some more plants, some narrow leafs. And the tannis still won't go away and it's extremely annoying. I took out the wood and boiled it for hours and put it back in and it still got darker and it grew more fungus. So for the time being I have the driftwood sitting in a bucket filled with water.

Question. Do I need a bubbler for the tank? I just realized there's not much air getting in. Do the plants need that?

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but the bookshelf you have it on looks like it's sagging badly which is not good for the tank.

The more water changes you do, the more you'll see the tannins deplete. I never boiled my driftwood. My fish like the tannins, so do I. But I can see how dark your water is. It'll go away in time. But keep up the water changes. ;)

I do a water change everyday and it's slowly starting to get better. I just want to be able to see my fish... Haha

I soak my driftwood in a wash basin in the basement for at least two weeks. Changing all the water daily, refilling with very hot water. At the end, it's still giving a light tint to the water.

In a small tank like a 10g, doing partial water changes, it may take a long time.

I see. Yea I plan on keeping it in the bucket for a few weeks. And if it doesn't work might sell it haha just cause it's too much of a hassle...

I like manzanita wood myself not much tannins. I have it in all my tanks and have almost no tannins at all.

Back
Top Bottom