10 gal restocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennamckay

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got rid of some of my fish and now I have 4 platys (3 females, 1 male) but would like to add something else to my tank. Maybe bottom feeders, catfish, shrimp, etc. Do you think I have the room to add anything else? If so, what do you think I should add?

Platies are pretty messy fish, waste wise, and soon you will have fry to deal with, unless they get eaten. So I'd say your a pretty much stocked for a 10 gallon tank. A platy is a pretty active fish as well for a 10 gallon tank.

So shrimp would be okay, maybe otos or dwarf cories though you'd need three or four of either and that would push the stocking.

I do keep up pretty well on cleanings and have never had a water parameter issue and all my fry get eaten lol

i would say you can slide in a dwarf coral gourami to deal with the fry then add maybe 4 cories of the smaller species and maybe smaller species of tetras (at least 5)

If you want shrimp you could get a few RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp). I heard they do really well with algae. They require hiding places though.

If you want shrimp you could get a few RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp). I heard they do really well with algae. They require hiding places though.

don't you think that the platys will nip the shrimp to death. like, if guppies could do it, why wouldn't platys? the shrimps wouldn't last a week in there.

Aqadvisor shows 96% stocked for 4 platys and 3 corys or 101% stocked for 4 platys and 4 corys. What do you think?

The platies shouldnt cause any problems for the shrimp l, especially if you have plenty of hiding places, i live my shrimp very interesting to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom