10 gal substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi hi!

I have a 10 gallon with assorted fry and 5 mystery snails ( want babies)

It currently is a bare bottom tank with floating plants that should be rooted down in a substrate. I was thinking of how sand would look, gravel is getting boring for me and the fry are likely to kill them selves in it.

Any suggestions as to what color or what kind would be appreciated

I also has noticed hat it has lots of algae on the bottom and back ( snails munch on) would that be a problem?

I would go with pool filter sand with lights it's almost white and you can get it at any pool supply store (just yellowpage pool supplies) It's very easy to clean and settles very quickly and the tank loses any cloudiness within a day and cheap only ~10$ for a 50lb bag.

Does it come in colors? I'd only like white or black because I want to see the fry and baby snails

What kind of mysterious snails are you trying to breed? Recently my gold mysterious snails laid eggs, and before I even knew it I had baby snails roaming in the tank. They are small and very light in color as a baby and it really blends in with the PFS. The PFS looks white under light so if you want to see the baby snails assuming it is golden, I would not recommend it. I would say blasting sand which is black and could be found in many hardware stores. But you would need to rinse the sand a lot.

I have 2 black
1 gold
1 ivory
1 blue

I wanted some color lol

Could it be pausible to grow a java moss carpet? That sounds cool

Yes. I have java moss carpeting alot of my 10gal. fry tank but i think you'll need a substrate for it to anchor to.

Back
Top Bottom