10 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feed as many times a day as you want. Just feed slowly and make sure they eat it all and hardly any reaches te bottom. Do as big of a water change as you can. As long as there's an inch or 2 of water at the bottom everything will be fine

If your nervous about your fish you can always remove them and re-drip acclimate them after the water change, this way you could do basically a 100% if you wanted to and there's no need to worry, but as long as you match salinity and temp your fish will be fine.

Feed as many times a day as you want. Just feed slowly and make sure they eat it all and hardly any reaches te bottom. Do as big of a water change as you can. As long as there's an inch or 2 of water at the bottom everything will be fine

Wait till tomorrow to do it? And the seaweed dosent convert to nitrates so does it matter that it hits the bottom? And what caused my nitrates to go up so much?

The green stuff is the seaweed floating around

Attachments

• image-4034826332.jpg
    image-4034826332.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 55
It doesn't tank much to raise nitrates in a smaller tank such as yours, even if the seaweed doesn't convert into nitrates, the fish eat it and produce waste (ammonia) and that eventually converts into nitrates. Have any snails or hermits died in your tank. I had that problem at the beginning, it can go unnoticed and then they start to rot and screw up your levels.

The seaweed does convert to nitrates. It just take a few days so usually it gets eaten first by CUC ect. Also your clowns need more than just seaweed.

I love the B&W clowns btw.

Thanks and I'm gonna buy more as soon as I can get different food but yeah I think one died I noticed hermit legs on the sand bed I took em out guess ill look for more I just want the problem fixed

It might just be the 2 clowns in a 10 gal. Things you can try are upping the flow. Getting some soft coral like Xenia, gsp, ect. If all else fails upgrade or get a tiny hang on the back skimmer.

It might just be the 2 clowns in a 10 gal. Things you can try are upping the flow. Getting some soft coral like Xenia, gsp, ect. If all else fails upgrade or get a tiny hang on the back skimmer.

My next day off is Tuesday my lfs is thirty minutes away ones fifteen but going there back then work is difficult ill try the water change tomorrow night when I get off hope that lowers them and manage till I can do something about it. Should I cut down on feeding what's a recommended feeding for them?

Mysis shrimp. It's a very healthy frozen food. I recommend it. I use it as the main staple to a healthy diet.

Mysis shrimp. It's a very healthy frozen food. I recommend it. I use it as the main staple to a healthy diet.

So daily huh? I feed my freshwater every other day hmm interesting if it works with you dailys fine with me

I feed my clown and goby Mysis everyday with one day a week where they don't eat. Should I be feeding them some seaweed also? I have some that I give to my cichlids.

You don't have to. But a varied diet never hurts. And you can feed every day or every other day. Or 3 times a day. It's just a matter of getting them full without feeding so much it ends up rotting on the sandbed.

Looks lower then then yesterday and I did nothing

Attachments

• image-3482811282.jpg
    image-3482811282.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 84
Yeah that'll happen sometimes too. Your nitrates can actually decrease if you have the right amount of live rock and live sand and not very much nutrients going into the water

Yeah that'll happen sometimes too. Your nitrates can actually decrease if you have the right amount of live rock and live sand and not very much nutrients going into the water

Works for me. The guy at the lfs said when I tested they could of just pissed and since its only ten gallons that could throw it off

Back
Top Bottom