10 gallon overcrowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PerfectDepth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One honey gourami with five harlequin rasboras in a 10g?

I had a honey gourami for over a month, but he died. (the rest of the stock at the lfs didn't make it either) I considered replacing him, but I'm having second thoughts.

After settling in, he seemed healthy and happy at first, grazing and swimming around the whole tank. The five T. heteromorpha and the gourami mostly ignored each other. The "leader" of the school is kinda aggressive and nippy toward the others, but I never saw him chase the gourami.

As of now there are just the five rasboras and two cherry shrimp in the 10 gal tank. I plan to add five corydoras habrosus (dwarf) More details: Medium light, not quite heavily-planted (amazon sword, valisneria, a couple of small argentine swords, a large-leaf anubias and java fern on a piece of driftwood), low-tech.

I would like a "centerpiece" fish.. but would it be over-crowded with a honey gourami? Another option would be to add a sixth rasbora (and the cories) and call it stocked.

Opinions?

One honey gourami with five harlequin rasboras in a 10g?

I had a honey gourami for over a month, but he died. (the rest of the stock at the lfs didn't make it either) I considered replacing him, but I'm having second thoughts.

After settling in, he seemed healthy and happy at first, grazing and swimming around the whole tank. The five T. heteromorpha and the gourami mostly ignored each other. The "leader" of the school is kinda aggressive and nippy toward the others, but I never saw him chase the gourami.

As of now there are just the five rasboras and two cherry shrimp in the 10 gal tank. I plan to add five corydoras habrosus (dwarf) More details: Medium light, not quite heavily-planted (amazon sword, valisneria, a couple of small argentine swords, a large-leaf anubias and java fern on a piece of driftwood), low-tech.

I would like a "centerpiece" fish.. but would it be over-crowded with a honey gourami? Another option would be to add a sixth rasbora (and the cories) and call it stocked.

Opinions?
you will be a bit overstocked for a 10 gallon if I were you I would ditch the cories and get a DG like before :fish2::)

Back
Top Bottom