10 gallon species tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brennan32

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a spare 10 gallon sitting around and am thinking about doing a species tank as i have never done one before. Now i know 10 gallons is really small but is it possible for me to do something like 6 neon tetras or maybe do 5 tiger barbs (really want and like them)instead i just don't know. So any help is appreciated also no livebearers as suggestions please.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you're willing to go into special feeding needs, rose badis and scarlet badis have been talked about here a lot lately. You could do a shell dweller tank, apparently hardy little fish and easy to care for. Tiger barbs get pretty big for a 10, and they are aggressive. I'd say at least a 20 long for tiger barbs.

pygmy puffers, bumble bee gobies or galaxy rasboras perhaps. Any of these species would make for an interesting species tank

Neolamprologus brevis
Neolamprologus occelatus
Neolamprologus similus
Neolamprologus multifasciatus
Any of the above species would work

Sent via echolocation

Sorry for the late reply but I changed my mind and want to put 7 neon tetras in the tank instead and I will do tiger barbs in my 55 that I am redoing going to make it an all schooling fish tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom