10 Gallon Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
My stock for a 10 Gallon planted tank would be 6 Pygmy Corys and 8 Cardinal Tetras along with 5 Ghost Shrimp. Is this a good stock?

Cardinal Tetras are active swimmers and in my opinion need more room.

I'd suggest CPDs instead. They don't get over an inch so they can stay in a 10g their whole life. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418113239.498471.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of ghost shrimp ,you could do cherry shrimp or the other color morphs. They don't get very big and have a low bioload. Maybe neons or embers plus the pigmy cories and the small shrimp Or like Coursair suggested the cpds which I have only seen in pictures but they are gorgeous. Alison

I've never thought that Cardinals are all that active (mine aren't). Not like Rummys, and certainly not like Bloodfins. You should be able to do them in a 10, but I'd limit the shoal to 7 or so, and I wouldn't have any other shoalers that occupy the mid/top of the tank. (A shoal of 5 Pygmy Corys at the bottom would be fine.) I think that Neons, Green Neons, and Embers would be a better choice for a 10.

CPDs will do nicely in a 10, but you'll want to limit your males to two and plant heavily.

Yeah, I'd cut that shoal in half and diversify if it were me. But, yes, large shoals of Cardinals are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom