10 gallon Stocking idea PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I'm cycling my 10 gallon with 3 zebra danio ( dont tell me how its bad)
The cycle is almost done the ammonia levels are doing down.
What fish can I add after the cycling is done?
3 zebra danios
4 neons
2 cory cat
betta

is this a good set up,and I will add some live plants as-well
Give me some ideas please.

you'll want more than 2 corys... 5 or 6 pygmy corys would be good there... not sure on the beta (never had one, always heard they werent the best community fish though). I would also say more neons

I agree with mfdrookie about the cory cats. I have a betta in my community tank right now, and he's just fine. He should be compatible with the others you're planning on adding. The guidelines with those guys is to not put anything very flashy in with them--no fancy guppies or glolight danios; that's when they get mean. Good luck!

+2 on the corys. Male bettas are fine in a community tank as long as there aren't other fish with long, flowing fins that may get mistaken for another male betta. Color hasn't been an issue in my tanks. Female bettas get along with most fish.

IMO i think you should throw in another neon, make it 5 since theyre really not that big anyways. I have two female bettas (one in each of my tanks) and they both do fine (pay no attention whatsoever to the other fish). Are you looking at 6 danios or just 3?

PS. i said in another thread, look into a 20 gal long (craigslist is good)if your really into keeping danios as they really will not show their true temperment and personality unless their in a school of 5 (IMO).

Back
Top Bottom