10 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike4242

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like some ideas for what I can put into a 10 gallon. I would like Cory catfish any ideas on what type or how many? And what ideas on a centerpiece fish? Thanks everyone!

When I got my aquarium, which is also a ten gallon, I also got cories. They're a great starter fish, and I actually have 2 in my aquariums at the moment. But another good starter fish I recommend is mollies becaus they live a good while and they're pretty easy to take care of

I would like some ideas for what I can put into a 10 gallon. I would like Cory catfish any ideas on what type or how many? And what ideas on a centerpiece fish? Thanks everyone!

The only cories I would recommend for a ten gallon are pygmy/hasborous cories.

Centerpiece fish could include a betta (which could be risky), a honey gourami, a croaking gourami, or a type of killifish that would be appropriate for that size tank (not a golden wonder killifish). You could also do a trio as a centerpiece, ex. trio of guppies, sparkling gouramis.

When I got my aquarium, which is also a ten gallon, I also got cories. They're a great starter fish, and I actually have 2 in my aquariums at the moment. But another good starter fish I recommend is mollies becaus they live a good while and they're pretty easy to take care of

While mollies are nice, they have a big bioload that would make cleaning a ten gallon tank not much fun. I once had a mollie in a five gallon, and that only lasted for two months before I realized I would need a bigger tank to support its bioload and make water changes less of a hassle.

I wouldn't say I need a beginner fish I have two tanks up and running for about 4 month now. But I'm just not entirely sure what kind of cories I would like and what type of centerpiece

OblivionGamer92 said:

Corys need groups of at least 6, and mollies get too big for ten gallons. All fish live a long time with proper care and habitat.

I agree with bruinsbro1997. A better would be a good centerpiece. You could also get some chili rasboras and scarlet badis.

@bruinsbro. What are some awesome looking bettas?

@bruinsbro. What are some awesome looking bettas?

I like crowntail, delta, halfmoon plakat, and dragonscale bettas personally. There are several varieties of different color combinations of bettas. The coolest one I have seen yet was an orange/black betta at an LFS a long time ago. The coolest one I have ever kept was a halfmoon plakat blue/yellow betta, aptly named Betta Bruins :)

Be careful with bettas in community tanks however. It's a hit-or miss 50/50 shot, so be careful. The best thing to do would be to add the betta to a peaceful community tank, and then stock your 10G first. After add in the betta, as it would be used to all those fish. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom