10 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clmags19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I upgraded tanks a couple months ago but have kept my 10 gallon because i knew i would eventually want to restock it. I started today with a dwarf honey guarami and am planning on adding pygmy corys and cherry shrimp but was looking for possible other suggestions. Thanks for any ideas!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Chili rasboras could work. That's really the only other option I would go with. Some people would recommend celestial pearl danios but in my experience, they're really shy.

I got lucky with my CPDs, but my friend's CPDs hide constantly. But my tank is planted more heavily.

Just make sure the RCS have moss or other thick plants to hide amongst or they won't be able to raise any babies if the fish keep eating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Harlequin Rasbora
Neon Tetras
Single Betta
Platies

Any of those would be great choices.

The bigger fish would be more liable to wipe out the shrimp in such a small tank.

I'd stick to nano species if possible. My friend's Ember Tetras ( nano ) still went after her shrimp, even tho they should have been fine.

The bigger fish would be more liable to wipe out the shrimp in such a small tank.

I'd stick to nano species if possible. My friend's Ember Tetras ( nano ) still went after her shrimp, even tho they should have been fine.

A betta, possibly and platies maybe. The harlequin rasbora have too small of a mouth to even try for adult shrimp. On that note, the only fish that won't eat baby shrimp are Oto cats.

They will pick adults apart if they want to. It's not pretty. In a larger tanks the shrimp stand a much better chance against bigger fish, in a 10 gallon it would be more risk. IMHO

I got 5 cherry shrimp and 5 pygmy corys today to go with my honey guarami. The pygmy corys are the same size as the shrimp right now and are fun to watch! Happy with my choice :)

Actually i think mine are habrosus. They were just labeled pygmy corys at the store. But their markings look more like habrosus. Theyre definately active little guys!

Back
Top Bottom