10 gallon stocking plan - input please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning to transfer my betta and 2-3 ottos to a ten gallon tank (they are currently in a 5 gallon). I am considering adding a group of tank-raised panda cories. How many do you think would fit comfortably? I like to keep my tanks a little understocked.

I'm thinking:

2-3 ottos
1 betta
5 panda cories

Water changes are done every 1-2 weeks (usually 50%) and I am planning on just using a Whisper 30 for filtration. I don't expect a problem with the betta and cories because I have kept him with cories in the past without a problem.

Do you think that is pushing it in terms of stocking?

rich311k said:
It is going to be up there but with weekly changes you should be ok.

What would you suggest removing to get the bioload down a little? I really don't want to be pushing stocking limits but I'm also feeling uneasy about limiting the cories since I know they like larger groups.

The betta is non-negotiable (unless he croaks) since I need to put him somewhere. But, I could easily put the ottos in my 55...

The 5 pandas is enough on the bottom, leave the ottos out of the plan and you should be good. You could add some neons or cardinal tetras if you wished.

Well, I decided to go for 10 pandas but in a 20 gallon tank instead. The little guys seem to be acclimating well although I just got them yesterday so it's still early on.

black hills tj said:
darn...I wish I could pick up some decent panda's at any of the LFS's here. Where did you get yours?

I got mine at this place called the Fish Nook in Acton, MA. They are tank raised and doing beautifully. They were really expensive though.

I'll have to try to get some photos. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom