10 gallon tank ???'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MERCTECH

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am cycling a 10 gallon...i am three days into the cycle. see i just did a water change not to long ago to my 55 gallon, and had some extra sea water left over. so i decided to throw some of that water into the 10 gallon. so i did a water test for some sh*! and giggles and found that my salinty in at 1.028 ....over than the recommend level. my question is that is this something that will pass or should i be concern??

When my Cycle started my salinity went from 1.025 to 1.022 which is where i wanted it anyway lol i dont know how this happend and perhaps its not even from the cycle i just noticed it today though. And last night is when i added the LR to start the Cycle and today its 1.022 soo im guessing it was from that. Id keep an eye on it and if it doesnt go back down on its own add some fresh water or if there is not enough room then take some water out and put just fresh water in as replacement.
Thats how i feel about this matter.
Others should jump in as well :)
HTH

I am assuming that you are cycling with nothing but LR, correct? When you add saltwater to saltwater, especially in a tank as small as 10 gallons, your salinity will rise very fast.

If nothing is in the tank, I wouldn't worry about it. Like said, add some freshwater to bring it down if you have the room, or take some sw out and add freshwater.

Back
Top Bottom