10 gallon with Ich attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your temp trick doesn't work them go to your local walmart and buy some of their ich treatment that's what I did and it worked hope all goes well.

Ok, update...

Monday was a snow day so no school...

Tuesday (yesterday) ... All 8 fish made it through the weekend plus the snow day. 3 of my neons have some signs of ich on their fins. Temp is still up to 87, I need to do a filter change and some more vacuuming of the gravel.

Wednesday...temp is still at 87, the janitor (huge fish fan) and I both think we are seeing some improvements, now it appears as if there is only one neon with spots on it.

Thanks again for all the info!

Ok, update... Monday was a snow day so no school... Tuesday (yesterday) ... All 8 fish made it through the weekend plus the snow day. 3 of my neons have some signs of ich on their fins. Temp is still up to 87, I need to do a filter change and some more vacuuming of the gravel. Wednesday...temp is still at 87, the janitor (huge fish fan) and I both think we are seeing some improvements, now it appears as if there is only one neon with spots on it. Thanks again for all the info!

Thursday

Well this morning things seem to be looking up in the tank. The three neons that had spots are all still alive, AND I think that there are only spots left on the one neon, and he looks great, kinda like he is on the mend!

I have a nine day break coming up, I sure hope that all goes well throughout that process.

Here is to automatic feeders!

Ok, Friday. Came to school this morning and could not find any Ich spots at all on any of the fish in the tank.

Continued to have the water temperature at 87 degrees

Set automatic feeder up for the 9 day break

Did a vacuum of the gravel

Replaced water

Wished em' well over break

I will post an update come my first day back to school...feb 25

OK folks, they are all alive and doing well. Sorry I did not write anything last week, I was prepping for a big "guys weekend" and did not have a chance. Well, when I came to work after nine day break they all appeared to be doing fine, no signs of Ich, nothing. Since that was the first time I had not seen any Ich spots, I decided to leave it for another week. Yesterday, Monday March 5th I came to work and they are all still doing well and still no signs of Ich.

So, when I go to work this morning I am going to lower the temp throughout the day and if all goes well I will do another gravel vac and add some decor back in.

Crazy!

Oh man!!! Drag. But no man left behind! We may have survivors yet!

Victory!! Are your students happy? (Distracted over break right?)

Hope you didn't have fish on the brain during man week vacation haha :) I imagine you chatting to Vegas girls re: tetras with salty fins in snowy schoolroom waiting for you, yes nice sparkle top, etc

Victory!! Are your students happy? (Distracted over break right?)

Hope you didn't have fish on the brain during man week vacation haha :) I imagine you chatting to Vegas girls re: tetras with salty fins in snowy schoolroom waiting for you, yes nice sparkle top, etc

Oddly enough, we took a vacation ice fishing! 10 gallon is back to "normal" minus my black phantom tetras, which did not make it. All students have expressed how happy they are for the fish and they are so glad to have the sponge bob stuff back in the tank. I hope all continues to go well. Thanks again for all who gave advice.

Ok, so I am still fighting something in the school 10 gallon tank. Can ich show up as a single white dot on the lower lip of a fish? It happened this morning, that I first noticed, also the last remaining Cory from the original 2 that brought in the ich is close to not making it.

Just curious about the single white spot on the lower lip.

Thanks folks!

Back
Top Bottom