10G Plant options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just trying to get an idea or suggestion on what Plantes to go with are some hardier than other? let me know

Thanks
Frankie

Tank2379 said:
Just trying to get an idea or suggestion on what Plantes to go with are some hardier than other? let me know

Thanks
Frankie

If you Google Low Light Aquarium Plants you should get some great ideas.

I'll try to post my list later. Check my Flora List in my Album 10g Shrimp Jungle. Links in my sig.

Thanks any others you can think of please help. Anyone know what the grassy stuff on the bottom of the tank is called?

That describes probably 10-20 species, most of which are fairly demanding to grow right. Dwarf sag is a nice plant to grow in low-medium light. The kings of hardiness is without a doubt crypts.

aqua_chem said:
That describes probably 10-20 species, most of which are fairly demanding to grow right. Dwarf sag is a nice plant to grow in low-medium light. The kings of hardiness is without a doubt crypts.

+1 for Crypts :)

Crypt Parva is sometimes used to carpet. But it grows glacially slow AFAIK without higher light and CO2 ?? But unless you want a Carpet, Crypts are awesome and come in a wide variety.

Dwarf Sag should be easier than most Grassy type carpeting plants.
Carpets typically require High Tech tanks. High Light, pressurized CO2 and dosing Ferts ( in a more exact way ).

Most Carpets are not very easy to start out with. I'd start with easy plants, learn and be successful, then try more difficult aquascaping.

Dead plants and Algae outbreaks discourage new people and experienced folks.

For inspiration check out my thread for an awesome photo. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/inspiring-scape-206199.html

That tank is beyond my patience and my skills for now, BUT I posted it so people can see how amazing a planted tank can be.

My tanks are in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom