10g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Planning a new 10g tank soon and I want maybe some blue velvet shrimp and maybe crystal shrimp or rcs. Maybe some neon tetras, what else can I put in?

Well, putting neons in a 10 is kind of a matter of debate. Some think that neons are active and need a bigger tank, others say that after all they are small fish and can be kept in there.

I think a heavily planted tank with some rcs would look very nice. Then you could put in some nano fish. Some examples of nano fish are green neon tetras, endler's livebearers, and chili rasbora.

Yea, I already have tons of plants, so maybe 5 rcs and 5 blue velvets and 2 groups of fish maybe some green neon tetras, something else and a snail. Over stocked?

I don't see a problem. I would also put some blue rasboras or jae barbs.

Why not look into ember tetras? They stay a deep red and do great in that size tank, or there is chilli rasbora.

ehh, i dont really like the rasorba or ember tetras. Can i put in zebra danios and Red Minor Serpae Tetras?

I don't know much about serpae tetras, someone else will have to tell you about that. As for zebra danios, they are much too active to be in a 10 gallon. They require at least a 20 gallon long.

oh ok, looks like i am doing 5rcs, 5 blue velvet shrimp, and guppies, platies, and or chilli rasboras

hmmm, or maybe just the shrimp, a clam, and a snail making it just an invert tank

That is fine. I don't want my fish to breed either. Just get all of one gender.

Oh, and a note about the guppies: they can be vicious to new additions to the tank. I suggest putting them in last. Good luck:D

-bud

I think I might just get female guppies and female platies. Those would be going in at the end because I have to figure out where I am gonna get shrimp because no one sells blue velvets near me that I know of so far

Ralphie126 said:
Planning a new 10g tank soon and I want maybe some blue velvet shrimp and maybe crystal shrimp or rcs. Maybe some neon tetras, what else can I put in?

Some good Black Bar Endler's (males only if you don't want babies) would add some great color to this tank.

Now I could be wrong with this, but I believe you could do some Amano instead of the Blue Velvet.

Have you kept shrimp before? If not, I suggest RCS. If you want some really nice coloring for RCS, you could pay some more for higher grade.

No I have never kept shrimp before, I am hoping for rcs, black bar endler.... I don't really like Amano shrimp, I liked the blue velvet because of their color

what about blue tiger shrimp and yellow shrimp? YELLOW SHRIMP can I have 5 rcs, 5 blue tiger shrimp and 5 yellow shrimp and no fish? or can i add some fish

Back
Top Bottom