120 gallon South American (possibly Rio Tapajos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Impatient? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Extremely! Plus I just found HEALTHY baby uaru at my LFS, pulled the trigger on a half dozen of them. I won't be adding many more fish right away. I normally would have added them last, but given the opportunity, I had to do it. $150 for the group, rather than Rapps for $300/pr plus shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well good news: the uaru are in the tank! They're awesome so far, schooling tight together, and constantly sifting through the sand lol

bad news: one of them has an eye slightly smaller than the other eye...noticeably so. The LFS is 40 minutes away. Ughhhhh

So, the first you can see the one with the messed up eye, just exchanged him, so he's no longer in there. The second is the tank right now (it was cloudy from stirring up the sand and messing with the filter a bit). It WILL be changing lol may be getting some nice manzanita pieces instead of the driftwood, and need to go rock collecting still (gf and I are going to do it together next week). The fake plants are just to provide some temporary cover and will be slowly replaced with some amazon swords and chain swords for the areas around the driftwood (if it stays that is).
paUcDQW.jpg
vceVSic.jpg

It's not messed up, it's character. Didn't you say you liked rare and unusual fish? That's a rare and unusual uaru if I've ever seen one lol.

Lol yeah, but genetic deformity doesn't translate well into breeding hahaha

Well he's been replaced, although my gf named him "monocle"

After seeing the average prices on these I'm sorry I didn't grab some when my LFS had them for $6.99. I have no idea where they came from though. Guessing some one local had dropped them off there.

Oooo, she named it and you traded it anyway, tsk tsk lol

Luckily she never got to see him in person lol she's away and I had sent her a picture. I tried to offer the store $10 for him, but there was no way I was paying $25 for him

After seeing the average prices on these I'm sorry I didn't grab some when my LFS had them for $6.99. I have no idea where they came from though. Guessing some one local had dropped them off there.

They are on GCCA frequently. There was a large proven pair two weeks ago for $50.00 so you didn't really miss much.

Great, I just paid a ton. In Michigan I could NEVER find healthy ones.

I've sent you links to pairs in the past! I gave up because you never bothered with them :lol:

I know! I had no tank or money for them! Now I'm so far from Chicago it's not even funny :/ the fish hobby here is pretty dull. It's not like back home, but even back home, all my the guys I knew trying to keep uaru also couldn't get stock to live.

Back
Top Bottom