120g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
No pictures yet. The tank isn't up, but some small progress.

I have 1 of 2 fluval 405s seeding on our 55g tank in preparation for the 120.

I just ordered 2 titanium heaters.

Today we're going to get the pfs and maybe some of the rocks for the decor.

YAY!!! I have been looking forward to this thread, and im the first person to post in it :) Cant wait for some pictures. Looks like youre going about it with some good equipment. Fluval canisters are AWESOME, and i have always heard about how good titanium heaters are. PFS is incredible substrate. What are you stocking again?

This will be the new home for our cichlids and catfish from the 55g :)

I'm way past excited and wish time would go by faster so I can get this tank up and going!!!

After fighting with Petsmart (they did not want to honor their deal that the stand came with the tank) and me winning (got my stand yesterday) . We now have to wait for the ice and snow in our back yard to melt so we can move the tank from upstairs to our finished basement. It's too big to take through the kitchen. Ugh!

I now have all the hardware and most of the decor. Just need the river rocks. Got some beautiful pieces of manzantia wood last weekend.

Some pics finally

We started set up today. This is the 120 that will house our cichlids and catfish. The 10g underneath is for breeding our own feeder guppies.

Attachments

• 120g1.jpg
    120g1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 120g2.jpg
    120g2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 120g3.jpg
    120g3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 82
Very Nice DragonFish.. What are the dimensions on the tank?

Pool Filter sand is the best substrate!

I know you said you were doing cichlids and catfish but what species are you looking to get?

Got a new piece of wood today, will be putting it in once it's ready. Also my cycling idea seems to be working well. Ammonia is now up to between 1.0 and 2.0 on my API liquid kit. Since I couldn't find any pure ammonia I decided on a dead fish cycle. Didn't want to use dinner (shrimp) so I went to our LFS and asked for dead feeders. Got about 20 buried in the sand. Added some NutriFin Cycle and away we go :)

Cant wait to see more pics :) The only thing that would worry me about using dead feeders from the lfs is the risk of disease... Otherwise, thats a great idea ;)

Back
Top Bottom