125 gallon lake malawi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can wire the 96 for half wattage. Let me know what you figure out. If i can help in any way let me know! Also I like Live fish direct. They have been great to deal with and ive never had a single problem with them shipping fish. Good luck!

Thank you I'll update how things work out

So I found over the weekend a killer deal was out hitting some garage sales came across 2 right next to each other that had aquariums well I was looking at a 75g bow front for 5$ problem being he had a leak and resealed it with black caulking so I passed but my wife pointed out lights and there was 2 brand new 4ft t8 light fixtures for 5$ apiece and 2 fluval 405s for 8$ for both I snagged all 4 15$ so now I have back up filters or spare filters if I do another tank for the lights I'm getting 3 pieces of acrylic to set them on along with new better bulbs they will do for now until down the road pics will come tonight as I am ready to fill and get this bad boy up and running

Awesome haul! Use caution with acrylic tops. If you set the lights right on top they could melt or droop. I think I remember reading that you're going to hang them so it should be fine.

Awesome haul! Use caution with acrylic tops. If you set the lights right on top they could melt or droop. I think I remember reading that you're going to hang them so it should be fine.

I guess I could use a few pieces of 1x4 and rest them on that I don't have anyway to hang the lights

Have you priced glass tops? They really arent that expensive. At least here in my area. I have a custom glass shop that charged me 11 bucks for mine. The labor for them is like 5 minutes.

Have you priced glass tops? They really arent that expensive. At least here in my area. I have a custom glass shop that charged me 11 bucks for mine. The labor for them is like 5 minutes.

No not yet I have on pure fitted ones I wasn't going for a top for the tank right away

IMG951692.jpg

IMG959864.jpg

IMG958852.jpg

IMG956960.jpg

IMG955850.jpg

IMG956626.jpg

Filters all primed and running the wood is floating a bit since its been out of water for few days more mics once it sinks

IMG958178.jpg

Back
Top Bottom