125 gallon setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deadmanwalking

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys, over the next few days I will be setting up my 125 gallon f/water aquarium. The tank stand will be finished tomorrow and the tank should be here Wed/Thurs.

Will post pics as I go along.

Stock list-
- 1 bgkf
- 1 bala shark
- 1 oscar
- 1 texas cichlid
- 1 salvini cichlid
- 3 firemouths
- 3 plecos - starlight bn, vampire, blue phantom

I know its a bit overstocked (Aqadvisor has me at around 120%), but with 2000l/hour filtration and regular water changes I think I can make it work!!

Thanks for reading everyone!!

hey guys, over the next few days I will be setting up my 125 gallon f/water aquarium. The tank stand will be finished tomorrow and the tank should be here Wed/Thurs.

Will post pics as I go along.

Stock list-
- 1 bgkf
- 1 bala shark
- 1 oscar
- 1 texas cichlid
- 1 salvini cichlid
- 3 firemouths
- 3 plecos - starlight bn, vampire, blue phantom

I know its a bit overstocked (Aqadvisor has me at around 120%), but with 2000l/hour filtration and regular water changes I think I can make it work!!

Thanks for reading everyone!!

Scratch the bala unless your willing to do three+ fish. They prefer to school. Mine is huge and in my 55 gal by himself and is very stressed.

But as for the rest of your tank I think it could work, if you at least double your filtration to tank ratio. My 55 is overstocked slightly, but has a 90 gallon filter on it and is still slightly cloudy. Also if you are looking for a canister filter. Look for one with a built in uv sterilizer. This will help control bacteria. Oscars alone are messy.

Also if you would like im trying to re home my bala shark which is 6". Where are you located.

Agree with Dubs, lose the bala but otherwise looks good if not a little overstocked.

Edit: Also not sure of the Black Ghost Knife with Oscars and Firemouths, may be a sitting duck when it rests.

Thanks for your comments guys, firstly I already have a bala shark and if possible I wouldnt like to rehome it. Secondly, I already have the firemouths and the bgkf, and the firemouths stay clear of it (the bgkf is 10" near enough). As for an oscar with bgkf, I will be getting a small oscar so again I doubt it will be an issue - but if it is an issue then I can always work out something then.

As for filtration, it will be a while before I need more so I can always get another filter for Christmas if I need to.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Scratch the bala unless your willing to do three+ fish. They prefer to school. Mine is huge and in my 55 gal by himself and is very stressed.

But as for the rest of your tank I think it could work, if you at least double your filtration to tank ratio. My 55 is overstocked slightly, but has a 90 gallon filter on it and is still slightly cloudy. Also if you are looking for a canister filter. Look for one with a built in uv sterilizer. This will help control bacteria. Oscars alone are messy.

Thanks for the UV Steriliser advice, I just changed my shopping cart to get the one with the built in steriliser there, and thats the filter and heaters (2x 300W) ordered now. :)

Cabinet is also finished, will try and upload a few pics later. :)

Back
Top Bottom