125 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
After working on this for 2 days, I finally finished it today. It isn't completely finished and I'm not sure about the scape, so, we will see... I'm just glad to finally have it finished! Lol Can't wait to see a black background on it! :-D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121201_211757.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121201_211757.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 122
  • ForumRunner_20121201_211831.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121201_211831.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 105
Thank you!:thanks: Thank you!:thanks: :) I need to invest in a canister filter and possibly an AC110 to go on it.. the poor little AC's I have on their right now just aren't clearing it up, at all! LOL :)

I currently have 5 black skirts, 5 harlequins, 5 black neons, and 6 neons in there. I transferred them from my 44 pentagon because my Mom wants that tank! lol :)

I am unsure of what I am going to put in there with them, but I saw a video on youtube of a BEAUTIFUL tank and I'd like to try to come as close to that as possible. I know he had Discus, Rams, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, Harlequins, Panda Corys, Bumble Bee Gobies, Kuli Loaches, and Petricoli Cats, and Dwarf Panda Cichlids. and his plants included: Amazon swords, Brazil Swords, various Anubias, hygro, and java ferns. I'd like to stay close to that with of course some personal changes for my own style tank.. but it gives me an idea of what I want. :)

What do you think? Would this type of set up work with what I currently have? I already know my next purchase is going to me some Corys. Probably Swartz or False Julii, MAYBE Peppered, depends.. :) I would love to have a couple pictus catfish, BUT, I know that is impossible unless I had an aggressive tank and I don't think I like enough aggressive fish to accomplish that.. :(

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

I am running a twin 48" T5HO at 67k and full spectrum and my dwarf tears are growing quickly. I think for that reason you would be fine with the quad vs. the 6 bulb. Save on electricity and heat as well.

I am running a twin 48" T5HO at 67k and full spectrum and my dwarf tears are growing quickly. I think for that reason you would be fine with the quad vs. the 6 bulb. Save on electricity and heat as well.

Thank you! Save some money as well.. win win situation. :)

Back
Top Bottom