125 planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So some of you may have saw in the what have you done for your tank today thread that I am working on a 125 gallon angelfish tank.

I just wanted to get some ideas on what you all might do with it if it was yours.

Of course the centerpiece will be the angelfish and I have two bristlenose plecos (a male and female) that will definitely be going in. I also have a handful of platies I thought about throwing in there. if not I may leave them in the 38gal. and just make it a platy tank.

Some of my ideas included neon dwarf rainbow fish, pearl gourami, corydora, featherfin catfish.
Not all of those at once of course just some of the species I had considered.

The tank is your standard 6ft long 125 gallon tank. I will have an assortment of Riverstone, sand, driftwood and plants such as swords, anubias, and other lower light plants. May throw a few top water plants on also.

Like I said I'm just working through some ideas and could use the communities at Imagination :)

When in the planning stages of the hardscape design and stocking of a large aquarium, it's best to have fun, be a little radical and think outside the box. You can alway slide back to your comfort zone.
A six foot tank cries out for a large variety schooling fish such as Spotted or Tiger Striped Silver Dollar fish. Denison Barbs and Columbian Tetras would also be good choices.
Regarding Angels, Yes, a good solid choice, but alone, a fish that might seem a little boring in a long tank. The addition of other cichlid types (not too aggressive) Firemouths, Electric Blue Acara, Bolivian Rams, even an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey will add behavioral and coloristic diversity in conjunction with the Angels.
If you are thinking "way" out of the box, forget the Angels. Go for mid sized aggressive Central or South American Cichlids; Green Terror - RIvulatus, Red Terror - Festae, Salvini Cichlid, Texas "Carpintis" Cichlid. I've kept those varieties in my 120 long in the past and wish I had them back.
Besides the standard BN Pleco, add some bling Plecos like the Gold Nugget or Dull Eyed Royal.
Have fun. A few pics of some of my favorites.

Attachments

• 20180827_161428.jpg
    20180827_161428.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180613_191453.jpg
    20180613_191453.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180302_093315.jpg
    20180302_093315.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180306_093514.jpg
    20180306_093514.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 41
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. :)
When in the planning stages of the hardscape design and stocking of a large aquarium, it's best to have fun, be a little radical and think outside the box. You can alway slide back to your comfort zone.
A six foot tank cries out for a large variety schooling fish such as Spotted or Tiger Striped Silver Dollar fish. Denison Barbs and Columbian Tetras would also be good choices.
Regarding Angels, Yes, a good solid choice, but alone, a fish that might seem a little boring in a long tank. The addition of other cichlid types (not too aggressive) Firemouths, Electric Blue Acara, Bolivian Rams, even an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey will add behavioral and coloristic diversity in conjunction with the Angels.
If you are thinking "way" out of the box, forget the Angels. Go for mid sized aggressive Central or South American Cichlids; Green Terror - RIvulatus, Red Terror - Festae, Salvini Cichlid, Texas "Carpintis" Cichlid. I've kept those varieties in my 120 long in the past and wish I had them back.
Besides the standard BN Pleco, add some bling Plecos like the Gold Nugget or Dull Eyed Royal.
Have fun. A few pics of some of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom