125G Low Tech Planted Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your Praecox will shoal with Bosemani. I have both in my tank they hang out all day.

Your Praecox will shoal with Bosemani. I have both in my tank they hang out all day.

Yeah, I think i've changed my mine on Praecox. I'm mainly looking for something to occupy the top 1/3 of the tank.

Have you decided on the stocking yet? I'd go a large school of harlequins (above15) and the rainbows. I don't know what the wrestling halfbeaks are. You've got the space though really for anything.

X8 Boesemans Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia boesemani)
X8 Julii Cory (Corydoras trilineatus)
X6 Oto (Otocinclus vittatus)
X19 Rummynose Tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri)
X2 Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis)
X6 Turquoise Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia lacustris)

And looking for something to occupy the top 1/3 of the tank that I wont need a lid for. From reading i've found out wresting halfbeaks can jump so they may be out now. I have my eyes on 6 Blue-eye Rainbowfish or Forktail Rainbowfish

21 December 2014 Update:

Just a little progress update. Battling brown algae at the moment but thats normal with a new tank. Added 4 Forktail Rainbowfish (Pseudomugil furcatus) and about 8 more Oto (Otocinclus vittatus). Also added some more plants.

Full tank shot

Slowly but surely the Hygrophila Difformis leaves are changing.

5 January 2015 Update.

Added 5 Harlequin rasbora, this should be my final addition. I have been keeping up with my water changes about 20% a week. Algae is disappeared and everything is growing in nicely. Only problem I've been having is with ludwigia red. The part I plant keep melting away. Any ideas for a plant I can add to add some red color.

Wow your tank looks amazing!! I wish I had space for a tank that size. Your plants are doing very well!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking good you could almost add another 5 harlequins. A large school of them looks awesome in such a large tank. Good job.

Update: 31 March 2015

So either the Rummynose Tetra or Rainbowfish ended up chewing up all of the Staurogyne repens to the stems and most Hygrophila Difformis which both I really wanted to keep. So I have to replace the Difformis with something else. I think im going to move Limnophila sessiliflora over to that side. As far as the Staurogyne I just removed it and replaced with Dwarf sagittaria. Im not sure if im pleased with it though.

Here are some pictures (sorry about the quality lighting wasn't right)

Breathtaking.. wish i had the time and wasnt intimidated by such a large tank. You should help me out in choosing plants and what not when im ready to face a 75g head on

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long did it take your Amazon swords to reach that height???

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Ill remember that when it comes time for me to buy my 75g

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom