125g on floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

procell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everybody I'm new here my first post:). Well I found this site trying to figure out if it's a great ideal to put my 125g tank on the floor under my TV . With a maybe 4 to 6 inch high platform under the tank . My tank is behind me while watching tv an I hate it and there is nowhere else to put it with a view while watching tv . Has anybody try this?

It's not a bad idea however I'd avoid skittish fish due to the low height of the tank.

There is the obvious issue of an increased amount of electrical cabling near the tank so you'll need to be careful when doing water changes.

Also depending on whether or not you have other pets the accessible height could be a concern.

I would avoid any chairs in wheels, anything that could "roll " into the tank..

some good points thanks for the input now what to do what to do lol . I love big tanks so alittle 20g next to tv wouldn't make me happy so I'll may try it .thanks again

If you just have a simple, manual vacuum, it will be hard to do water changes! If you have a more high-tech one then it may not be an issue, I'm not sure.

If you just have a simple, manual vacuum, it will be hard to do water changes! If you have a more high-tech one then it may not be an issue, I'm not sure.

Very good point, the size of the tank may negate this but it is something to consider

Back
Top Bottom