125g Planted Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sword is huge.

How's the BBA coming?

How about an FTS showing the mount job on the lights in all it's splendor? Never did see exactly how that came out.

haha... you'd laugh if you saw the brackets on the ceiling in person. It was difficult without a ladder. Lucky for me, the stand has about 5" of extra space on the back. That gave me a nice little spot to stand. Now, imagine a 6'4, 250-265lb guy standing on a ledge that's about 5" wide (keep in mind I wear size 15/16 shoes) with a tank on one side and a wall on the other. I got the lights straight, but the backets are all over the place... I'll work on getting some pictures of it for ya.

Ok... here's a pic...
img_1265711_0_6f79986254a96d789c9d01fe49e4521e.jpg

Oh, and the bba is still there... It's mainly in the 40 now. I took the piece of driftwood out that has the worst and used a little sprayer and got it soaked real good with h2o2

EDIT: you'll notice that there's a lot of slack on the cables. I'm waiting until I'm 100% sure that I have them where I want them before cutting it off

Alright... I *Think* I finally have a stocking list.

10x Black Skirt Tetra
12x Rainbows- tbd on which ones.. most likely 3 each of 4 different kinds
8-10x cory of some sort
3x SAE

I almost feel like that's a bit much though. I may not do as many rainbows or cories. Planning on getting tetras today.

Wow. I wish I could have a setup like that! However, something about being in college and living in an apartment and moving every few years makes it not so appealing... I shudder at the thought of having to move something like that.

That sword is awfully impressive!!

Regardless of what fish you get, I'm sure they'll be quite satisfied with their home and owner :)

Anybody on this side of the world know much about powerheads? I've got two Koralia 3's coming in the mail. Just wondering if I should use both or if one would be enough. I want to get a current running across the length of the tank. I just don't know how strong the current is going to be with 1 vs 2.

I've got 3 power heads going in our river tank. Two are rated for 20g and one I have no idea about, got it free on CL. All I know is it's flippin' huge and the guy had it in a 120 SW tank. It blows the scales right off the danios and they love it!

and a fts
img_1271780_0_1e14fcb6b120ff792050b797e841a127.jpg

BTW, not sure if I mentioned this earlier or not. I moved my filters from my 150g over. I now have a rena xp3, fluval 305, and fluval 405 on this tank.

Looks good! The sword looks more at home in there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

It's definitely got more room to stretch its leaves in this tank than it did in the 40! I didn't realize just how big it was until I put it in here.

Tank looks great! Are those the same plants the last time you uploaded pics or you added some more? I really like the sword :)

I've not brought any new plants in to my house... but I have had to trim a lot out of my 40. This tank is just a catch all for now. Eventually, I'll have to start selling off a bunch.

mfdrookie516 said:
java fern and anubias and java moss. There's a big bunch of star grass and water sprite behind it though.

I like how you set that up. Its in the middle too. Nice job! :) tank's looking great. You know how long it'll take for a sword plant to get as big as yours?

If you look at my 40 journal, you can see where I planted a baby sword from this plant the day I put this one in here. It's doubled in size in the 4 days? it's been in there.

mfdrookie516 said:
If you look at my 40 journal, you can see where I planted a baby sword from this plant the day I put this one in here. It's doubled in size in the 4 days? it's been in there.

Wow! That is fast. Mine takes forever. I really need that CO2 system. Lol. Cool.

Yeah, they're growing very fast. I'm not seeing the same growth in this tank though :( I've started dosing ferts, so that should help them take off. I'm honestly not sure how much faster they could grown in the 40.

Back
Top Bottom