125g south american tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking the same thing HUKIT haha hook us all up! haha if only shipping wouldn't be astronomical

I was thinking the same thing HUKIT haha hook us all up! haha if only shipping wouldn't be astronomical

Smaller pieces wouldn't be too bad considering the wood itself would be free. I'm going on Sunday so I'll post pics in the social group so y'all can see if y'all want any.

I can only imagine HUKIT!

That'd be great cbourg! I'm looking for a super small piece as a centerpiece for my 6.6 gallon, as well as some for my bristlenose living in my tanganyikan tank

I can only imagine HUKIT!

That'd be great cbourg! I'm looking for a super small piece as a centerpiece for my 6.6 gallon, as well as some for my bristlenose living in my tanganyikan tank

Like this?

Attachments

• image-2310427339.jpg
    image-2310427339.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 99
hmm not as long, i'll probably just end up buying a small piece of malaysian lol but either way, post what you find up on the group!

Those second two are awesome! Especially the piece with the holes in the bottom

hmm not as long, i'll probably just end up buying a small piece of malaysian lol but either way, post what you find up on the group!

Those second two are awesome! Especially the piece with the holes in the bottom

Lol my plecos try to cram their heads in those holes. I'm waiting for one of them to get stuck.

I've always found them to be a bit tacky, as well as look completely unnatural

Just my opinion though

I've always found them to be a bit tacky, as well as look completely unnatural

Just my opinion though

I hear you there, I've been going back and forth on mine. I only like them because there tucked into my rock scape, looks like big, more natural bubbles coming from caves or whatever. And obviously to put more air in the tank. But I hear you, the tubes dangling kill me, and the bubbles themselves kind of take your eye off the fish I feel. I only asked because I'm kind of on the fence..

Technically it's not adding oxygen to the water, it's just disrupting the surface, which allows for proper air exchange :)

Technically it's not adding oxygen to the water, it's just disrupting the surface, which allows for proper air exchange :)

Well if you want to get all technical with it... But ya, I was doing that with my wave maker for a bit, but like I said in another thread, my fish love swimming against it so much. And my hob filter, I keep the water in my tank high enough that I can't see it below my top, so no breaking of the surface there. So Bubbles are kind of a must for me, to sleep well at night anyways.

Night #3

Tank looks sick on the stand IMO!! Trim work started tonight and a dry fit for the tank. So far so good. It is a little off level but i'm gonna shim it up.

Attachments

• image-1472135926.jpg
    image-1472135926.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
That looks amazing man, kudos. You have much experience in carpentry? You going to make a top for it?

That looks amazing man, kudos. You have much experience in carpentry? You going to make a top for it?

I dabble a bit in woodworking. no top planned but who knows. I've changed my mind a few times so far so anything is possible.

This is my custom 150G tank build half finished just need lights and custom built hood it's a 6x2x2ft tank with 5x2x2 sump and 2200lph external filter. Hard work but it will get there. Yours is looking great :)

Attachments

• image-1347552477.jpg
    image-1347552477.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 113
This is my custom 150G tank build half finished just need lights and custom built hood it's a 6x2x2ft tank with 5x2x2 sump and 2200lph external filter. Hard work but it will get there. Yours is looking great :)

Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom