135 saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csranch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello starting a 135 saltwater tank trying to find fish to put in the tank how many thank you

135 gallon 72″ x 18″ x 24″ that's the size I got

What fish do you want? Compatibility and fish size and behavior all come into effect when stocking a sw tank. I’d do some research as well as post what kinds you want here to see what works together

Alright cool I will do so searching and see what I can find

Here is the 135 gallon tank running I need live rock 20180203_080231.jpg

Like everyone has said, it depends on what you get. I'd say you could put around ten 8"-12" fish in there with a group of smaller schooling fish.

Like everyone has said, it depends on what you get. I'd say you could put around ten 8"-12" fish in there with a group of smaller schooling fish.

Absolutely not. That’s a ton of huge sw fish. You could do 2-3 larger fish and then a couple medium and smaller fish. Large fish like tangs need lots of room and territory issues will arise if there isn’t enough room for all.

In a sw tank? Even if there isn’t aggression the tanks gonna be way overstocked. Tangs, Angels, triggers can all be jerks which are most of the larger fish you can get for a sw tank. A lot of bigger wrasses are buttheads too.

I got a 150g FW SA cichlid tank. Got 7 fairly well tempered cichlids between 6"-10". Two different types of schooling fish and 6 bottom dwellers two which are large clown loaches and 4 pictus catfish.

I got a 150g FW SA cichlid tank. Got 7 fairly well tempered cichlids between 6"-10". Two different types of schooling fish and 6 bottom dwellers two which are large clown loaches and 4 pictus catfish.

Yes a fw tank...sw stocking is completely different. Large sw fish need a lot of room per fish as they can swim large areas of a reef. Plus sw tanks can’t handle the same bioload a fw tanks can. We are discussing different areas of the hobby. Fresh and salt are very different when it comes to stocking

And I mean 6"-12" fish. I accidentally put an 8 instead of a 6. And I mean a mixture of size.

Yes a fw tank...sw stocking is completely different. Large sw fish need a lot of room per fish as they can swim large areas of a reef. Plus sw tanks can’t handle the same bioload a fw tanks can. We are discussing different areas of the hobby. Fresh and salt are very different when it comes to stocking
Gotcha. Didn't know there was that big of a difference. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom