14 gallon flower-cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if this don't take the cake the back ordered shipment was lost in transit , so I wonder how long I'll have to wait this time around . I so want the rest of my rock nems sometime this year , :nono:

anyway I got my other shipment today 2 mini max carpet nems , 1 bubble nem , 3 condy nems
percula clown he is so tiny I wasn't expecting it to be this small about the size of a thumb tack head I thought they sent a empty bag of water . yes he is still up for grabs as if I add him to either tank he will be dinner , for now he is in the sump , I'll get some picts of the nems once they open full

this lil guy is tiny size of head of thumb tack and he is up for adoption .
img_3362579_0_165c02fe5021d81884372008e425dc2d.mp4
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/atta...362579_0_165c02fe5021d81884372008e425dc2d.mp4

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/atta...362579_0_165c02fe5021d81884372008e425dc2d.mp4

Last edited:
Weekend treats! A small red one and a large grey/brown one that has cool patterns.

Look how orange the mouth is on the red one!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

SD - The new RFA's are great! Love the pattern on the big grey brown one. My (1) little guy seems to continue to be the center focus of all the Sexy Shrimp. So hoping this next week will have at least one more to add in, before any more shrimp.

Envious of your awesome variety!

Hope your little sore foot guy feels better fast.

Thanks autumn! Almost two weeks later and the one with a torn foot is looking big and awesome, so I am feel hopeful!

RFAs have moved around a little on me, so I figured I needed some updated shots.

FTS

Top down of some beauties

Pretending to be a mushroom

I have 2 that seem to like the sand better I moved them up twice but they keep working there way down ,

Been a while since I've updated on the babies....I have been able to spot feed most of the babies cyclopeez a couple times a week, and some of the bigger ones even accept mysis shrimp! I can't wait for them to get bigger and really see what they will look like. Even though they are small I can see a big variety. I am battling some algae on the sand bed though. Here are some updated pics of the babies and a few of my big ones for fun.

This is the one that had the torn foot injury in the tank move, he looks great now and I'm so happy because he is a Favorite!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Those are great shots, and the babies are developing their pattern / coloring already - how stupendously exciting!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Appreciate you sharing your tank!

The one which had the torn foot looks happy - very attractive too!

Thanks Autumn! How is your RFA search going? They are such lovely creatures.

Search has netted - 0 - in the under $20. range especially the 9.99 ones are a distant past - they are the ones that don't fluoresce under the actinic lights, but none found or I would have bought it. Cheapest ones are around 35 to 39.99.

They are pretty but not amazing, so I am skipping the purchases until I find the cheap ones...the ones of my dreams...at a reasonably high price or just wait. The new SW set up timing isn't quite right atm, I am moving tanks around soon.

Painting walls today actually so we can get the tank area ready for the moves.

On a side note...

Funny a SW "fish" guy responded to me after I ask about if they had any RFA, that they weren't the perfect nems people make them out to be and that they are really hard to culture so the industry doesn't have a good source yet for cheaper prices. (theirs were $79-139)

Thanks for asking. I wish I was building a flower cube too, but not quite yet. Mine will be the ~12G still broken bottom low iron glass tank (which was previously my little SW garden for awhile) - coming soon when I get the bottom fixed. No one close locally for the glass.

I told him I knew of someone who got pics of them spawning and actually has babies now ....he didn't believe me, I am pretty sure he thought I was telling a taLL, TALL tale!!!! His head nodded "oh nice" and his eyes said "NO WAY!!!"

Haha! That's funny! Tell him to give me a call. Maybe it's because you are further north and they aren't as common. My main LFS usually doesn't carry them, a couple ever 3-4 months maybe. I just found out today that the small LFS that I get most of my nems from is closing, I'm really bummed about it. Hope mine can make enough new ones for me so I don't have to buy more. I have dreams of retiring early by selling RFAs (will never happen I'm sure, but it's a nice dream)...if so, I'll give you a great family and friends discount on the nems!

Yeah, he didn't ask any more questions and I didn't buy the $139 RFA.

Well if it keeps going well on the breeding and your RFA garden overfloweth, just let me know!!! ;)

That would be nice to keep getting different color variations and fill up your tank!

Updated FTS of my RFAs. I took the nursery dish out because there were only about 4 babies left in there, so I carefully relocated them. You can see most of my adults, except my electric green one which is on the back side of the slanted rock. I also counted about 53 babies in the tank, some smaller than others but all bigger than the tiny little dots they started out as.

looking good I lost a few of mine they decided they wanted to meet "la machine"
100% water change as the tank looked like a milk shake
but I'll get more in a few months , got to let funds build again lol
talk about building hows the other tank coming along

Last edited:
looking good I lost a few of mine they decided they wanted to meet "la machine"
100% water change as the tank looked like a milk shake
but I'll get more in a few months , got to let funds build again lol
talk about building hows the other tank coming along

Awe, that stinks!! Maybe put a pantyhose around the power head to prevent future suicides.

The other tank is coming along with a few ups and downs. I'll try to update that thread with pics in the next couple days. Fish and many corals are doing well, but a few LPS and my green slimer are not happy. Trying to up my water changes, but may need to consider dosing...or just go with easier corals so I can enjoy them without stressing.

Fun comparison, the first is just after lights on this morning and the second one is just after the whites went off this evening. The nems are more inflated and happy after a day in the sun ?

Looks amazing sand dollar, they're all looking beautiful and happy

Back
Top Bottom