150g Planted Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you gonna be putting fish in?! And if so, have you decided what?

Wow what a difference a few days can make. very nice. Cant wait til this all grows out. :)

Keep the photos coming

Joyler said:
Are you gonna be putting fish in?! And if so, have you decided what?

Yea but that's my little secret ;) I will tell you there is going to be an Arowanna ( until his time comes for a new home ). Other then that Id say give me a good week or 2 just to let filter to its job (seeded with media from my current tank) and Ill have some pics for ya. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

carey said:
Wow what a difference a few days can make. very nice. Cant wait til this all grows out. :)

Keep the photos coming

Thank you so much! Following yours as well looking good so far.

Are you injecting co2? Maybe I missed that part? Looks like a great start. If you noticed on my 125, its an old kitchen cabinet that's been retro-fitted to be an aquarium stand.

mfdrookie516 said:
Are you injecting co2? Maybe I missed that part? Looks like a great start. If you noticed on my 125, its an old kitchen cabinet that's been retro-fitted to be an aquarium stand.

No CO2 yet down the line I'm gonna up grade. Thanks, and I like your tank/stand combo, I like the wood grain. Cant beat homemade IMO, things are just they way you want em. What kind of regulator are you using?? I have no clue about CO2 lil scared to be honest lol dont want to murder my fish. Do you have a ph controler also?

I have a Milwaukee MA957 regulator. I don't run a pH controller for 2 reasons. The first is that it was an extra $100 or so. The other is because I have a manifold to split the co2 between my 40 and 125. A pH controller wouldn't work. It's really not that big of a deal. I think with that lighting, you'll need co2. A drop checker is easy to read and simple to set up. I think I have about $150 in my co2... I made my own reactor, the only cost was the regulator and cylinder.

mfdrookie516 said:
I have a Milwaukee MA957 regulator. I don't run a pH controller for 2 reasons. The first is that it was an extra $100 or so. The other is because I have a manifold to split the co2 between my 40 and 125. A pH controller wouldn't work. It's really not that big of a deal. I think with that lighting, you'll need co2. A drop checker is easy to read and simple to set up. I think I have about $150 in my co2... I made my own reactor, the only cost was the regulator and cylinder.

See that, ya learn something new everyday! I didnt know you could split the CO2 and run it in another tank. Im really going to look into the CO2 I know I can rent a 10lb bottle for $13 locally just clueless to the setup and getting the ppms right. Maybe you can walk me thru it in the future lol. Thanks for the info

Marconis said:
Looks good but if it were me I'd move that driftwood over to the side more.

You'll see why its in the middle in the weeks to come, I want the open space toward the sides... Still a good 12" in front of the wood also. But thanks for the comment anyway :)

Looking good. Gonna follow along and see the end result.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Jason7894561230 said:
Hey mate what are you planning on putting in it?
Because i have some segguestions

The arowana is all he's tellin us...well just have to wait! :-/

Back
Top Bottom