150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr.Pleco said:
Cloudy/misshaped eye on the big one and some of the others looked thin which could lead to parasites and stuff.

Uh not sure yet, need about $30k first ha. The filtration/plumbing alone is $10k on the site. I'd say FW but plants don't get that big -_- so probably SW lol some crazy stuff

Fair enough Yeh would need lots of money then haha

Yeh just be careful like I said before if your going to spend that much on fish you want to know they are healthy.

The most expensive fish I have is a turqouse rainbow it cost me 50 pound which only because they are very rare here but since then I found out they are illegal here because they are endangered species, I kinda feel bad lol

Fair enough Yeh would need **** of money then haha

Yeh just be careful like I said before if your going to spend that much on fish you want to know they are healthy.

The most expensive fish I have is a turqouse rainbow it cost me 50 pound which only because they are very rare here but since then I found out they are illegal here because they are endangered species, I kinda feel bad lol

haha oh I know...it's a nice dream to have none the less..

And yeah, I'm going to get the guy to send better pictures so I can have someone look at them. I just e-mailed the cichild breeder/importer thats about 40 minutes from where I live. The guy had a house with nothing but cichlids. 60,000g but not sure when they are getting more. Almost got my labs there til they sold out.

Ha that's pretty cool. I'd feel bad for a few minutes and then i'd feel pretty badass :cool:

Mr.Pleco said:
haha oh I know...it's a nice dream to have none the less..

And yeah, I'm going to get the guy to send better pictures so I can have someone look at them. I just e-mailed the cichild breeder/importer thats about 40 minutes from where I live. The guy had a house with nothing but cichlids. 60,000g but not sure when they are getting more. Almost got my labs there til they sold out.

Ha that's pretty cool. I'd feel bad for a few minutes and then i'd feel pretty badass :cool:

I no everyone needs a dream

Yeah I do thing its really cool knowing I have one haha

Yeah I would definitely look into getting some advice don't want to buy sick fish. Will if be the first time you have kept discus?

I no everyone needs a dream

Yeah I do thing its really cool knowing I have one haha

Yeah I would definitely look into getting some advice don't want to buy sick fish. Will if be the first time you have kept discus?

You should buy another illegal rainbow and then breed them..make some bank and repopulate the world haha

Yeah..fell in love with them the first time I saw them. I've been researching a lot, still need to do more. I wouldn't be upset if the lot the guy has is bad. I want to get another canister anyway for the 150..mega filtration.

Mr.Pleco said:
You should buy another illegal rainbow and then breed them..make some bank and repopulate the world haha

Yeah..fell in love with them the first time I saw them. I've been researching a lot, still need to do more. I wouldn't be upset if the lot the guy has is bad. I want to get another canister anyway for the 150..mega filtration.

Would love to do it that's what I could do in the new tank my Mrs is getting me :) cheers for the idea

So what's the plan if these are bad? Are you going to get some more else were? You can never go wrong with over filteration I always go more, better to have more than not enough

Would love to do it that's what I could do in the new tank my Mrs is getting me :) cheers for the idea

So what's the plan if these are bad? Are you going to get some more else were? You can never go wrong with over filteration I always go more, better to have more than not enough

Ha anytime man. (y)

I already told the guy someone said they looked iffy and I was sorry but I'd have to back out UNLESS he could send me a picture of each one and I'll show them to the guy.
So I've been looking up all the breeders within 4 or 5 hours of where I am in Florida. There are about 5 or 6 breeders so I've been e-mailing some.

Got one guy but he sells them smaller. The biggest he has is quarter size..

Mr.Pleco said:
Ha anytime man. (y)

I already told the guy someone said they looked iffy and I was sorry but I'd have to back out UNLESS he could send me a picture of each one and I'll show them to the guy.
So I've been looking up all the breeders within 4 or 5 hours of where I am in Florida. There are about 5 or 6 breeders so I've been e-mailing some.

Got one guy but he sells them smaller. The biggest he has is quarter size..

The thing is I like getting younger fish you can see them growing,

What did he say to you ?

The thing is I like getting younger fish you can see them growing,

What did he say to you ?

I know, but I figured I'd give him a change to prove to me they are healthy and if they are I'll consider buying them and maybe adding a few more later on.

He sent 2 pictures of his tank but you can't see anything close. He did have a nice tank though. He hasn't responded to taking more pictures...but I did tell him I wouldn't have service most of the day because I would be at school and I didn't want him to call me right away to tell me I'm crazy lol

Mr.Pleco said:
I know, but I figured I'd give him a change to prove to me they are healthy and if they are I'll consider buying them and maybe adding a few more later on.

He sent 2 pictures of his tank but you can't see anything close. He did have a nice tank though. He hasn't responded to taking more pictures...but I did tell him I wouldn't have service most of the day because I would be at school and I didn't want him to call me right away to tell me I'm crazy lol

Yeah if they are heathly he can prove it seeing your going to spend loads of money on his fish. If they are fine you can get them. I think they would stunning in your tank :)

Can you post the picture of them from the tank? The one your saying looks good

Yeah if they are heathly he can prove it seeing your going to spend loads of money on his fish. If they are fine you can get them. I think they would stunning in your tank :)

Can you post the picture of them from the tank? The one your saying looks good

That's what I'm saying.

The tank looks nice..he did say he took out plants when I talked to him Saturday on the phone. So I'm not sure if this is a photo from today or not lol.

He still hasn't replied.

But....Discus : Cichlidstore, Direct Cichlid Importer Breeder
Is in Riverview, Fl. which is about 40 minutes from my house and that guy breeds cichlids so I could save some money there too. Only thing is there are only 2 types.

His tank looks good but you can't really see the fish very well, you need some closer pics.

His tank looks good but you can't really see the fish very well, you need some closer pics.

Yeah exactly what I said..he hasn't responded so he might be mad lol

Right now I'm leaning towards some from cichlidstore.com and just getting a few and then a few from Mhw to add some variety.

There is a guy around Tampa that breeds but his are all small..quarter size is the biggest and I'm assuming that those are the sizes are still susceptible? (well more so than bigger)

I talked to the guy that told me the lot was bad and he said if I buy smaller 2.5-3'' discus that I would need to look to grow them out in a smaller tank for about 4-6 months. And I just won't have room for that.

So...looks like discus will be for the future tanks and I'm back to angelfish hunting..

Mr.Pleco said:
I talked to the guy that told me the lot was bad and he said if I buy smaller 2.5-3'' discus that I would need to look to grow them out in a smaller tank for about 4-6 months. And I just won't have room for that.

So...looks like discus will be for the future tanks and I'm back to angelfish hunting..

I agree on having them grow out in a smaller barebottom tank
But I've been growing out mine without problems
Just a lot more work & having to keep up with everything
I have 10 in my 180G
They're all between 2"-3"

Yeah that's fair enough, I wouldn't bother if you have to make a whole new setup up just to grow them a bit then just to move them over, well if your mate knows what he is talking about listen to him I haven't ever keep discus so I can't help. When I was growing up my dad had loads at his shop but I have never moved into that YET lol

What kind of angelfish are you looking into ?

I agree on having them grow out in a smaller barebottom tank
But I've been growing out mine without problems
Just a lot more work & having to keep up with everything
I have 10 in my 180G
They're all between 2"-3"

Yeah..I saw your build. I'd love to do it but I'm not a fan of that much more work lol
I love working on my tanks..it gets me in trouble all the time but I'd never change all that water that often.
So i'll save it for the future.

Yeah that's fair enough, I wouldn't bother if you have to make a whole new setup up just to grow them a bit then just to move them over, well if your mate knows what he is talking about listen to him I haven't ever keep discus so I can't help. When I was growing up my dad had loads at his shop but I have never moved into that YET lol

What kind of angelfish are you looking into ?

Not sure actually. Mwh has some blue ones..can't remember the names. But I have 2 baby angels..1 died for some reason :confused: everyone else is fine though.

I'm sure I can find more variety of angel around Tampa without going broke too though.

Mr.Pleco said:
Not sure actually. Mwh has some blue ones..can't remember the names. But I have 2 baby angels..1 died for some reason :confused: everyone else is fine though.

I'm sure I can find more variety of angel around Tampa without going broke too though.

When did it die?
Blue angels? I have never seen them !! Bet there stunning

When did it die?
Blue angels? I have never seen them !! Bet there stunning

Ha overnight. Lost another today. Think it's the black skirts or dwarf gourami -_-

But I'm back to having no clue what's going on. My ph problem has been solved...I never plugged the stupid thing in the right way :banghead: SO I have been hand controlling the bubble count for the past month or so...but it's plugged in the correct way and it's actually doing what it's supposed to do.

Over the next few weeks I'll be talking to the guy that runs the 75g discus planted tank at Mwh. We had a nice conversation tonight about keeping discus and co2. The tank there is really nice. And he had the same problem with his 120g tank..couldn't decide between discus and angels.

Oh and the blue angels there are blue philippine angles for $20. They aren't smokey or marbled or anything.

Mr.Pleco said:
Ha overnight. Lost another today. Think it's the black skirts or dwarf gourami -_-

But I'm back to having no clue what's going on. My ph problem has been solved...I never plugged the stupid thing in the right way :banghead: SO I have been hand controlling the bubble count for the past month or so...but it's plugged in the correct way and it's actually doing what it's supposed to do.

Over the next few weeks I'll be talking to the guy that runs the 75g discus planted tank at Mwh. We had a nice conversation tonight about keeping discus and co2. The tank there is really nice. And he had the same problem with his 120g tank..couldn't decide between discus and angels.

Oh and the blue angels there are blue philippine angles for $20. They aren't smokey or marbled or anything.

They sound stunning

Sorry to hear about that do you have any idea what's going on?

Lol I have done that a few times so don't worry your not alone

Back
Top Bottom