150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr.Pleco said:
Well the phantoms look much better but there are a few spots on a few of the rainbows. Bought a bottle and turned the heat up a little earlier. Then I'm going to search this thread and see what ferts I'm supposed to buy.

That's good hope its ok, turning up the heat only speads up the process it don't actually cure it

Mr.Pleco said:
Just bought RootMedic Complete Capsules, Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, and Macro Micro Nutrient Mix.

And bought 2 Hagen Life-glo II bulbs..be here in 2 days!

Sounds like you got the right stuff

As for the bulbs they work great I have some of those exact same ones, if you look on YouTube there are a lot of videos of people using them

Yeah, well figured between the medicine and the heat it'll be taken care of.

Hoping the ferts and tabs really kickstart everything growing like weeds.

You have co2 on your tanks? I can't remember

Mr.Pleco said:
Yeah, well figured between the medicine and the heat it'll be taken care of.

Hoping the ferts and tabs really kickstart everything growing like weeds.

You have co2 on your tanks? I can't remember

I have co2 in only 1 tank I don't in the rest and to be honest I would prefer it without, what ferts did you get? And yeah you should be fine with the hear and meds

richpowell1989 said:
I have co2 in only 1 tank I don't in the rest and to be honest I would prefer it without, what ferts did you get? And yeah you should be fine with the hear and meds

It's hard to figure out how many bubbles for such a big tank.
And I got them from aquariumfertilizers.com. Bulbs come tomorrow and ferts are on their way.

Mr.Pleco said:
It's hard to figure out how many bubbles for such a big tank.
And I got them from aquariumfertilizers.com. Bulbs come tomorrow and ferts are on their way.

I have a new order coming in if a red tiger lotus, some nor vallis and some dwarf sag

I no I have mine set at 30ppm that seems to work and also that's what people on here advised me to do

My new jungle val came today its about 28 inches tall lol so I planted it all along the back

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120202_195614.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120202_195614.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 90
richpowell1989 said:
My new jungle val came today its about 28 inches tall lol so I planted it all along the back

Very nice. You'll love the jungle Val, it grows like crazy.ineed to get more

Mr.Pleco said:
Very nice. You'll love the jungle Val, it grows like crazy.ineed to get more

Yeah I have some in my 125 gal that is taking over but I do like the look of it, how much of it do you have

Yeah I have some in my 125 gal that is taking over but I do like the look of it, how much of it do you have

I only have 1. It's on the right side. I have regular vals though all along the back. I hate them. The Jungles have much better roots and stay in. I can't keep my vals in to save me.

A few times ago I went to buy some Jungles but someone reserved an entire bag of them and they haven't had any since.

I'm def buying more when they have some..and I need to look into moss. They have this moss there...not sure of the name but you tie it down. Steve said it was better than christmas moss so I gotta start researching.

Mr.Pleco said:
I only have 1. It's on the right side. I have regular vals though all along the back. I hate them. The Jungles have much better roots and stay in. I can't keep my vals in to save me.

A few times ago I went to buy some Jungles but someone reserved an entire bag of them and they haven't had any since.

I'm def buying more when they have some..and I need to look into moss. They have this moss there...not sure of the name but you tie it down. Steve said it was better than christmas moss so I gotta start researching.

I have se riccia on its way to me I love it.

Yeah I no what you mean I had regular vals in my tank but it get floating up so I gave it to my mate it was driving me crazy

Can't you reserve some?

The 2nd bulb came. Changing these are a pain in the ***. The end pieces don't want to go back on...
The ferts came as well. Looks like I ordered a bag of cocaine and pills lol.

Mr.Pleco said:
The 2nd bulb came. Changing these are a pain in the ***. The end pieces don't want to go back on...
The ferts came as well. Looks like I ordered a bag of cocaine and pills lol.

Lol sure they didn't mix up the order ? Yh its the same for my lights its all fiddling and annoying but worth it in the end I suppose,

I just bought a full pressurized co2 setup for my rainbow tank so that should be fun seeing my jungle val already grows like a weed :)

Lol sure they didn't mix up the order ? Yh its the same for my lights its all fiddling and annoying but worth it in the end I suppose,

I just bought a full pressurized co2 setup for my rainbow tank so that should be fun seeing my jungle val already grows like a weed :)

Haha who knows...maybe cocaine is the secret fertilizer? :confused:

I also got an extra rootmedic tab lol but I put one under each sword so they should be getting ready to take off soon.

I noticed that when I either turned the co2 down or left the lights on longer the swords started to photosynthesize to where you could see the bubbles coming off. Now with 2 t5's on each fixture they are always doing it. It's very nice.

Hoping the ich is gone. Haven't noticed any spots. I did lose 2 or 3 Phantoms but everyone else seems to be okay.

Oh and with the lights I was just being an idiot and didn't realize you just slide the end caps off so you can turn the light...I was taking the whole thing apart before I realized they came off :banghead:

Mr.Pleco said:
Haha who knows...maybe cocaine is the secret fertilizer? :confused:

I also got an extra rootmedic tab lol but I put one under each sword so they should be getting ready to take off soon.

I noticed that when I either turned the co2 down or left the lights on longer the swords started to photosynthesize to where you could see the bubbles coming off. Now with 2 t5's on each fixture they are always doing it. It's very nice.

Hoping the ich is gone. Haven't noticed any spots. I did lose 2 or 3 Phantoms but everyone else seems to be okay.

Oh and with the lights I was just being an idiot and didn't realize you just slide the end caps off so you can turn the light...I was taking the whole thing apart before I realized they came off :banghead:

Yeah would defiantly be funny see some fish on cocaine lol

Yeah with t5 lighting and co2 you should get it alot, its what I intend to use and what everybody on here I no uses aswell.

Yeah if giving fertz to the roots amazon swords will grow like crazy I have a huge one in one of my tanks.

As for the lights I don't no what to say lol we all do things like that, when I first got my stand it came flat packed and when it was up I realised I forgot to put up one of the shelves, so I took down the whole thing to realise that I was meant to do the shelve last any way lol so I wasn't best pleased :)

Well I have patience with fish and plants but when it comes to equipment it doesn't go as far.

And I reading how to mix these ferts and it says dose everyday?

I didn't know if most people did everyday or like once a week? I bought 4 lbs of various ferts..I'll be here forever mixing these everday lol

Mr.Pleco said:
Well I have patience with fish and plants but when it comes to equipment it doesn't go as far.

And I reading how to mix these ferts and it says dose everyday?

I didn't know if most people did everyday or like once a week? I bought 4 lbs of various ferts..I'll be here forever mixing these everday lol

What ferts is it liquid? Is so I only do mine 2/3 a week but if it says daily then do that mate

It's powder that you mix. I got potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulfate, and macro micro mix

Mr.Pleco said:
It's powder that you mix. I got potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulfate, and macro micro mix

I no what you got its a lot cheaper that way, were did you get then from

Back
Top Bottom