16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Yeah I just went out n bought some gel glue, see how that works :) I'm thinking of cutting the peg off my radioactive dragon eye disk so I can glue it somewhere better

Okay- stupid question- what do you cut the peg off with? I hate those pegs, but don't know what I can use to get close to the disk.

Even a chisel or large cutters like heavy wire cutters work. Just be wary of harming the frag. It's safer with an extra set of hands.

CorallineAlgae said:
Even a chisel or large cutters like heavy wire cutters work. Just be wary of harming the frag. It's safer with an extra set of hands.

+1 wire cutters work great. Bigger the better ;)

I was gonna cut the peg off but believe it or not it looks like its already spreading onto my rock so I might just leave it where it is :)

DanS180 said:
I was gonna cut the peg off but believe it or not it looks like its already spreading onto my rock so I might just leave it where it is :)

Under ideal conditions you'll start to see a few new heads every week so its not to bad of an idea to just save the plug and sell it to make your money back once you have 10+ heads on your rockwork.

The New tiny zoas are awesome looking by the way when they first paper lol

Mrc8858 said:
Under ideal conditions you'll start to see a few new heads every week so its not to bad of an idea to just save the plug and sell it to make your money back once you have 10+ heads on your rockwork.

Thats a good idea, never thought of doing that before.. how would you cut out the section with the plug tho?

CorallineAlgae said:

Thanks!!

I guess I need more of a CUC? my sandbed that's out in the open is starting to discolor a little bit

DanS180 said:
I guess I need more of a CUC? my sandbed that's out in the open is starting to discolor a little bit

It's likely just a diatom bloom that will pass after a few weeks. New tank, new rocks, new lights, mini cycle... = diatoms. It was bound to happen and isn't anything to worry about. You can still get a couple more cleaners anyway if you want them. It'll run it's course and end either way. I love watching all kinds of cleaners!

CorallineAlgae said:
It's likely just a diatom bloom that will pass after a few weeks. New tank, new rocks, new lights, mini cycle... = diatoms. It was bound to happen and isn't anything to worry about. You can still get a couple more cleaners anyway if you want them. It'll run it's course and end either way. I love watching all kinds of cleaners!

Come to think of it it prob is diatoms, some of my rocks are coated in it now too.. oh well lol

On a different note, I'm suspected 1 of the 2 occy clowns I got might be a black clown, the smaller of the 2 has a darker tint to him near the top of his body and I read that when they're younger that's what they'll look like

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom