16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
How long did to leave the light off for. I didn't even think of it cause mine are on a timer to slowly ramp up. Could just have shocked them going full strength after the darkness. Maybe lower the bleached one to see if it improves.

Had the light off fot a full day i suppose n Yeah I moved the frogspawn over a little bit so it gets hit by the current more, its weird bc my 2 hammers right near it are fully opened. As for the digi I just moved it down to the sand so we'll see

DanS180 said:
Had the light off fot a full day i suppose n Yeah I moved the frogspawn over a little bit so it gets hit by the current more, its weird bc my 2 hammers right near it are fully opened. As for the digi I just moved it down to the sand so we'll see

They can be finicky. I just moved my torch cause he wasn't really opening for two weeks. Now he is nice and big again

It may just be light shocked. Give it good flow and keep it in the sand until you just start to see the color returning. As always, check your levels just to be on the safe side.

CorallineAlgae said:
It may just be light shocked. Give it good flow and keep it in the sand until you just start to see the color returning. As always, check your levels just to be on the safe side.

Just checked all my levels.. everything is good.. no random spikes or anything so that's good

Woke up today and my frogspawn was doing amazing!! Fully opened :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121101_152012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121101_152012.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 71
Anyone else's clown fish bite the hell outta your hand when your doing stuff in the tank? My lil delinquent "occy clown" (only reason I say that is bc i bought him orange and now hes almost fully black) lol obviously a bite from this small of a fish doesn't hurt but its so funny.. cuz it looks like he wiggles his tail before attacking lol

Oh yeah. I had a clown with all kinds of attitude a few years back. He'd bite me all the time. But the nastiest fish I ever had was a red-lipped blenny. He was vicious. He would attack fish, bite them on the sides and drag them off into the live rock to ground n' pound. I had to tear the whole tank down to the base rock to get him out. He was my first saltwater fish and I'll never forget him.

CorallineAlgae said:
Oh yeah. I had a clown with all kinds of attitude a few years back. He'd bite me all the time. But the nastiest fish I ever had was a red-lipped blenny. He was vicious. He would attack fish, bite them on the sides and drag them off into the live rock to ground n' pound. I had to tear the whole tank down to the base rock to get him out. He was my first saltwater fish and I'll never forget him.

Wow! He does sound vicious lol I think my bicolor nipped at me yesterday as well.. I felt like I was sticking my hand into a piranha tank haha

DanS180 said:
Anyone else's clown fish bite the hell outta your hand when your doing stuff in the tank? My lil delinquent "occy clown" (only reason I say that is bc i bought him orange and now hes almost fully black) lol obviously a bite from this small of a fish doesn't hurt but its so funny.. cuz it looks like he wiggles his tail before attacking lol

Wow. I'm so glad that my b/w clown doesn't bite me!!!! She's always right there and watching everything I do, but no bites yet. I've read about other people's clowns drawing blood from bites. I REALLY hope mine doesn't start that crap!! Lol. And the wiggling his tail before attacking is funny! Like he's winding up for it!! Haha.

Beengirl said:
Wow. I'm so glad that my b/w clown doesn't bite me!!!! She's always right there and watching everything I do, but no bites yet. I've read about other people's clowns drawing blood from bites. I REALLY hope mine doesn't start that crap!! Lol. And the wiggling his tail before attacking is funny! Like he's winding up for it!! Haha.

Exactly!! Haha its hilarious.. reminds me of a cartoon of some sort.. he bites but its not a hard bite.. just kinda shocks ya lol

Well on another note.. I don't know what it is about today but all of my corals(minus the Digi's) are thriving hardcore.. my frogspawn is almost as big as my fist! :)

And on another note.. I officially started a zoa garden :)

Great news! Had you adjusted your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium levels at all or are normal PWCs taking care of everything? Have you changed salts since beginning the tank? You're obviously doing it right. I'm just curious if it's something slightly different in what you're using or doing, or if your tank is simply maturing into a stable healthy reef. Either way this is always great to hear!

CorallineAlgae said:
Great news! Had you adjusted your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium levels at all or are normal PWCs taking care of everything? Have you changed salts since beginning the tank? You're obviously doing it right. I'm just curious if it's something slightly different in what you're using or doing, or if your tank is simply maturing into a stable healthy reef. Either way this is always great to hear!

I did change salts actually and I've done 2 pwc since changing. So maybe that's it.. I'm not dosing anything. Mag is at 1240ppm, Cal is at 460ppm and alk is 11°… other than that, everything is good. I did just clean off my glass top so maybe that has something to do with it? More light possibly?

DanS180 said:
I went from Oceanic salt mix to Reef Crystals

That may be a big factor. Two water changes with the new salt and already major signs of improvement with awesome levels and no dosing! Can't ask for better than that from any salt mix.

CorallineAlgae said:
That may be a big factor. Two water changes with the new salt and already major signs of improvement with awesome levels and no dosing! Can't ask for better than that from any salt mix.

:)! Thank you! Im starting to worry tho... this tank, my first SW tank, is going so well that I'm just waiting for something horrible to happen lol

Back
Top Bottom