16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww yeah I forgot to ask if his tank was ever treated with copper.. i don't think he'd actually tell me the truth tho as he is trying to get rid of everything lol

If I got some rock off of him, could I soak it in a bucket of RO water for awhile? Would that help at all?

DanS180 said:
Aww yeah I forgot to ask if his tank was ever treated with copper.. i don't think he'd actually tell me the truth tho as he is trying to get rid of everything lol

If I got some rock off of him, could I soak it in a bucket of RO water for awhile? Would that help at all?

Would help clean it. But if it was in a tank and copper was used dont use it. It would have been absorbed by the rock and can't wash it off

22engine said:
Would help clean it. But if it was in a tank and copper was used dont use it. It would have been absorbed by the rock and can't wash it off

Ok so that's a big risk id be taking.. hmm I really don't think this guy would tell me the truth or not lol

Found a local person that has tons of frags :) asked about a green hammer and a purple tipped frogsprawn.. $10/head and he has a lot more too

Think I found my "coral dealer" haha he always has tons of stuff and for really cheap.. after I get my light, how many could I add at one time??

You can add as many as you'd like or your wallet will allow ;)

Mrc8858 said:
You can add as many as you'd like or your wallet will allow ;)

Yesss.. bc I'm def getting a hammer and frogsprawn and he's giving me a cheap frag for free for liking his Facebook page :)

Nice I just found a guy like this as well. He is an hour away but part of Boston reefers and said he will throw in frags just For me making the drive

22engine said:
Nice I just found a guy like this as well. He is an hour away but part of Boston reefers and said he will throw in frags just For me making the drive

That's awesome, take em while ya can :) I'm curious as to how these frags look in person, prob going over tomorrow to take a look after I get my T5 in the mail :)

DanS180 said:
Ohh yeah :) god I can c it now.. empty tank one day. Completely overstocked the next Hahaha

That's exactly what happens too lol your about to experience the true addiction of this hobby. Most reefers either want to or end up setting up frag tanks just for their extra corals and frags which I'm no exception haha

Mrc8858 said:
That's exactly what happens too lol your about to experience the true addiction of this hobby. Most reefers either want to or end up setting up frag tanks just for their extra corals and frags which I'm no exception haha

Hahaha my gf would kill me.... how many corals do u think I could fit into my tank? Lol

Just depends on what you pick and how you scape.. I think I have almost 50 in my 46 bowfront lol :)

Mrc8858 said:
Just depends on what you pick and how you scape.. I think I have almost 50 in my 46 bowfront lol :)

O..m...g... Hahaha I'm in for it, I'm waiting for my neighbor to call me so I can ask if he ever treated his tank with copper, if he didn't, I'm gonna pick up some rock tonight, scape again, then wait for my light, then go coral shopping :)

My lfs has a frag tank $5 a piece buy 5 get on free so needless to say I started stocking up lol here was my first batch when my tank was pretty new still dealing with algae blooms

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120828_121336.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120828_121336.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20120828_121358.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120828_121358.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20120828_121428.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120828_121428.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20120828_121616.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120828_121616.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 80
Wish my LFS had a frag tank, actually they do but they're not $5 each lol they have "loose" mushrooms and stuff but they're $10 each lol gay

Now do u have to take them off the disks?? Or just put em in n that's it?

That's up to you.. some are very difficult to remove from there disk especially if it has begun to encrust onto the disk. That's why all my frags are placed onto rock rubble ;)

Mrc8858 said:
That's up to you.. some are very difficult to remove from there disk especially if it has begun to encrust onto the disk. That's why all my frags are placed onto rock rubble ;)

Oh so I guess if you can't get em off then I guess you'd disguise them under rock to make them blend in?

I've found the best thing is either let them become encrusted or take some snips and break them up after the coral has grown some. I've seen a technique where people just put some pieces of epoxy putty on it to break up the shape

Back
Top Bottom