180 Gallon tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What they all said- pythons ROCK. But if you have any handy inclination you can basically build yourself a python with stuff from home depo; that's what I did for the 150.

And it seems hilarious, but I'm just lucky my mom knows a thing or two about fishkeeping herself so she didn't add anything stupid like an oscar or a common pleco

Sorry it's taken me so long. Here's some of the fish I have been considering myself if I were set up a 180g, in no particular order:

Parathraps/Vieja:
- Zonatus
- Regani
- Breidohri
- Fenestratus

Amphilophus:
- Chancho
- Trimaculatus

Herichthys:
- Deppi
- Bocourti
- Tamasoapensis
- Carpintis "Rio Escondido"
- Labridens " Media Luna"
- Pearsei

Theraps:
- Lentiginosum
- Irregularis

Ex Cichlasoma:
- Grammodes
- Salvini "Rio Grijalva or Usumacinta"

Astatheros:
- Alfari
- Robertsoni

This list is all fish that are 8" +, if you're wanting to do smaller fish I can come up with some names later.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for the list. Unfortunately that guy decided he did not want to sell his 180, so I bought a 150 instead.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You think everything on that list would get along with one another? And once it go through them can I message you with a short list of ones I like and see how many of each you'd do? Thanks for all your help

I don't think you will be able to do more than 1 or a mated pair with some dithers of most of those. Even with a pair u may need a divider on hand.

I don't think you will be able to do more than 1 or a mated pair with some dithers of most of those. Even with a pair u may need a divider on hand.

Correct, which is why I was saying I can make a list of smaller fish if he wants more of a mix.

Yeah I'd probably go with a mix of smaller. It's no rush on making the list though, I'm about to move so I am having him hold the tank for me until the middle of the month when I do move then I still have to go through the cycle process. So anytime you'd be able to I'd appreciate it.

Yeah I'd probably go with a mix of smaller. It's no rush on making the list though, I'm about to move so I am having him hold the tank for me until the middle of the month when I do move then I still have to go through the cycle process. So anytime you'd be able to I'd appreciate it.

Ok, that can be dicey some times.

I do like the fact that most information on these fish is that they're gentle giants and actually interact with you as opposed to a lot of the smaller fish. I'm really liking the herichthys carpintis's look.

Pearsi are the embodiment of gentle giants, that's what I'm told any way I haven't kept them.

I think you hit the spot with the carpintis though. I love spots like that on a fish. So say I went with a single male, since I do not want to breed, can you think of anything else that would be good to go with him? Following what someone else said I'll go without my blue lobster, I would hate to find him dead or constantly in fear. But anything smaller that could add some color or variation by having stripes or anything?

I think you hit the spot with the carpintis though. I love spots like that on a fish. So say I went with a single male, since I do not want to breed, can you think of anything else that would be good to go with him? Following what someone else said I'll go without my blue lobster, I would hate to find him dead or constantly in fear. But anything smaller that could add some color or variation by having stripes or anything?

If you go with the Carpintis make sure to get the Rio Escondido! They look the best IMO.

So if I were to stock around a male Carpintis, you'd need smaller fish that are pretty bullet proof because sometimes they have a mean streak.

Something like:

1 H. Carpintis "Escondido"
4 T. meeki or pasionis
4 A. multispinosa

Then add maybe 10 large swordtails like X. helleri "Rio Otapa" and 10-20 buenos aires tetra .

This will be a touch on the over stocked side so good filtration and water changes will be needed. Also be sure to have lots of little territories.

This is great man thank you so much. I like everything mentioned.

I think with that stock list you could do live plants also.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom