180-Gallon Upgrade Starts NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats just a theoretical spread though, obviously like any light there will be a lot more power in the center directly under the light and it will fade as it gets to the extent of the angle. I'll dig up all the links I used tomorrow and send them to you.

You can use any size fan you want, computer fans are pretty common at 80mm and 120mm. I would still go for both sets, but you should post a FTS to show what you are trying to fill in.

I am probably boring or lost any other people which used to frequent this thread before all the LED talk. However, this Sunday is like adult Christmas for me. This event is held twice a year and they always have great coral there. Inland Empire Coral Farmers Market I will make sure to post pictures of what I buy when I get back on Sunday.

Ugh. I hate you for this...again.

Thats just a theoretical spread though, obviously like any light there will be a lot more power in the center directly under the light and it will fade as it gets to the extent of the angle. I'll dig up all the links I used tomorrow and send them to you.

You can use any size fan you want, computer fans are pretty common at 80mm and 120mm. I would still go for both sets, but you should post a FTS to show what you are trying to fill in.
I will post some pics of my canopy/center brace etc.

Still here. I've been reading a few of those LED threads but i don't know as much about them as Jimbo. I need someone to organize a coral market around here. All my LFS are very ... average at best. Can't wait to see what good stuff you pick up. If i'm ever out in CA i'm going to sneak in and raid your tank of good frags. You will just some home and notice a few branches are snipper. Forget cat burglar i am a coral thief. : )

Here are some Full Tank Pics for you.
img_1158330_0_dd05d56b03647e25b64465b2039ae7c0.jpg

LEFT SIDE
img_1158330_1_f5a1773ad655c6f633b5e06c71af4986.jpg

RIGHT SIDE
img_1158330_2_f97b67b865c6c7b45c205d45818390bc.jpg

Impressive build - amazing tank. Recently bought a Desjardini Sailfin and noticed that you had one too. Has quickly become my favorite fish - just beautiful with lots of personality. Looking forward to more photos of your setup.

Impressive build - amazing tank. Recently bought a Desjardini Sailfin and noticed that you had one too. Has quickly become my favorite fish - just beautiful with lots of personality. Looking forward to more photos of your setup.

Thank you very much. The Desjardini's are very neat looking fish, especially when you look at the closely and up close. It is also always cool when they put their dorasal fin up. I have to admit though, my wife was the one who said, I can pick anything I want in the tank as long as there is a Sailfin Tang. I decided on the Desjardini since they are not as common.
I have a couple more pictures I can post soon of new additions of coral I picked up last week.

Once again i am jealous of your coral. Looks like i am going to have to take a trip out to your coast.

Haha, we have so many smilies. its crazy.
Yes, I did see them, which just makes me dislike you more. I don't think I have ever seen a colony of Setosa though, they grow supppeerrr slloowww.

Haha, we have so many smilies. its crazy.
Yes, I did see them, which just makes me dislike you more. I don't think I have ever seen a colony of Setosa though, they grow supppeerrr slloowww.

I will take some pictures of it in a couple months to see how slow it is. Right now my slowest is probably the Royal Plum.

Back
Top Bottom