180g South American cichlid build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Updated pic. Need some rock and driftwood now.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is completely off topic sorry, but thats a pretty sweet jersey collection you have in the back ground ;)

Lol I know the deal with the convicts. Even the lfs guy is trying to stop me.

I think it is a sign. I just think they are cool looking.

Gonna research the other types of fish. Got to give the firemouths some company.

Should look up keyhole cichlids, not the prettiest but they are very peaceful compared to the other cichlids.

Edit

Usually they don't do to great in a cichlid heavy tank but 180g should be large enough to give the different species their territory.

What else are you planning on keeping within the tank?

liking the vieja. Gonna research a bit more. Gonna keep clown loaches at the bottom and maybe some kind of cat fish. I assume cory's will just get destroyed.

liking the vieja. Gonna research a bit more. Gonna keep clown loaches at the bottom and maybe some kind of cat fish. I assume cory's will just get destroyed.

Depends on what species you go with, I can name dozens of peaceful cichlids that can go with cories, some that are the size of Oscars even, like Uaru, pearsei, bocourti, etc.

Depends on what species you go with, I can name dozens of peaceful cichlids that can go with cories, some that are the size of Oscars even, like Uaru, pearsei, bocourti, etc.

List away...

I would love a big centerpiece type fish with a gentle attitude the size of an Oscar.

Still trying to get the second hose pumping on the filter :banghead:

Uaru amphianthancoides are a fantastic species! Or the are geophagus species like altifrons, abalios, pindare, tapajo. Satanoperca daemon, jurupari, leucosticta. There's herichthys bocourti. There's cichlasoma pearsei (I think it's still in that genus). These are all gonna be larger fish that are generally peaceful. I highly recommend Uaru.

Back
Top Bottom