1st fowlr tank and I have some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mullaneyiv

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, so I finally got my 55g fowlr set up about a month back and everything is going good. I am definately new at this saltwater stuff and have been relying on advice from my LFS and stuff i read online. One thing i have learned so far is that there is ALOT to learn! I love it and want to learn more! So far I have about 30lbs of live rock which I added about 3 weeks back, just introduced 2 juvenile clown fish, 1 fiji blue devil damsel, 1 feather duster and for clean up crew I have 2 hermit crabs (one is electric blue and one is halloween) and 1 peppermint shrimp. The 2 clowns usually hang out on one end of the tank near some LR and the blue devil has set up shop in a cavern ive made with some LR, they all get along good. So....my question is what fish might be good to look at next as my tank still looks empty..? I realize some fish are agressive and some are peaceful so id like to keep it pretty peaceful all though my wife wants a dwarf lion (might not be the best choice). Id just like to know what or how others have done it, what fish others started with.. Any suggestions would be great! And remember, im a noob so take it easy.. lol. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi! I'm a newbie as well!!!

Your tank sounds really nice! Based on what I have learned, you need to go slow on the addition of livestock. You already have several in your tank; don't add anymore for a bit. It will be best in the long run.

I'm sure others will advise about fish compatibility. I can tell you this- be careful about adding cleaners. You don't want them to starve to death with little to eat. I learned that by researching as well.

I hope you post pics soon!!!

A lion will eat everything it can fit in his mouth. So pretty soon, you'd have one fish in that tank. Check out liveaquaria.com and their compatibility chart to see what will be a good fit for you.

Clownfish and damsels are considered aggressive fish so when you are looking at live aquaria check out fish that are also semi- aggressive or aggressive ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom