2 freshwater tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobberwobber

Aquarium Advice Regular
few pics of our fresh water tanks. goldfish one is fairly new, tank isnt but fish are. had 3 fancy tail goldfish for about 4 years in that tank... never an issue.. added one of those ugly black bulging eye ones, whos name escapes me now.. lived for about 3 months then one day wham, dead, took out the entire tank... so had to start again.. miss sparky, :(
75gallon tropical.. with my bala sharks.. love those fish.. great fish for anyone who wants tropical. easy to look after, and great fun to watch. not actually sharks, but look the part. warn you though, they can jump! had them in a 24gallon storage box, with about 5 inches of water in it, just as the tank was moved, both jumped straight out. lucky i was there, covered it and kept them in, but make sure you have a lid on your tank and dont be fooled, they dont need much water to get some serious air....slow growers too, they just over year old now.

equipment, nothing fancy. 55gal has a whisper HOB and the 75 gal has a large whisper HOB and a single whisper HOB filter. may add the spare wet/dry to it, as fish getting bigger now and the filters dont seem to be able to cope as well.
having them both back to back, protruding out into the room, required some beefing up in the garage, to support the weight,

Attachments

• IMAGE_354.jpg
    IMAGE_354.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAGE_350.jpg
    IMAGE_350.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAGE_356.jpg
    IMAGE_356.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAGE_357.jpg
    IMAGE_357.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
me too. was an impulse buy from petsmart. they had it on sale, ex demo. $280 for tank and stand. only one they had and not seen any since. is pretty heavy though, empty, heavier than normal it seems.

me too. was an impulse buy from petsmart. they had it on sale, ex demo. $280 for tank and stand. only one they had and not seen any since. is pretty heavy though, empty, heavier than normal it seems.

Dang! Wasn't it regularly like 1000 bucks new?!

The kid in me says that surfline aquariums are AWESOME! I had a 90 gallon and loved it.

$1000?? wow never knew were that much. light didnt last long. ballast went out after about 6 months and discontinued now (probably because they only lasted 6 months i guess) so couldnt find new one. ended up taking apart an old shop light and using ballast out of that.

i love those wave fronts too. I used to play with the custom order feature on the petco website and pretend to order one.

after looking at repairing a couple, i sure hope that front glass never breaks, theres no way could replace that panel...

Back
Top Bottom