2 issues related to water clarity...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i know partially what both of these are, which means its less of a diagnosis and more of problem solving skills...

1) this has happened for a while and always bothered me... The 2 HOBs on the tank produce bubbles from the output area (duh) but the issue is, some of the bubbles are so small that they literally make the water look as though you just poured a bag of unwashed sand into the tank... Visually its a pain in the... Well. Although it doesn't really have any side effects that i know of, besides looking like crap...

2) there is a white "film" constantly growing over the glass. This happened before as well. Its very easy to wipe away, just my hand with little pressure will scrape it off. However, it grows back in like a day. Its not algae, at least not Blackbeard or Diatoms or that green stuff, to my knowledge. Its just faint, white, and annoying.

Those 2 things combined create a situation that impairs my ability to look at the tank without being annoyed at the "cloudiness"

So yeah, not sure how to fix either of these. The reason I'm bringing it up now it they really stand out against the black background i just painted on.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Microbubbles are coming from the water cascading down. You can do something like this, but you're gonna lose water movement (not turnover rate). Powerhead will help there if you don't already have one
https://youtu.be/1W4OTWswHCE

As for the glass, sounds like algae growth to me. Leave a spot alone for a few days, it'll probably turn green..

Jesse

Hard water stains??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Microbubbles are coming from the water cascading down. You can do something like this, but you're gonna lose water movement (not turnover rate). Powerhead will help there if you don't already have one
https://youtu.be/1W4OTWswHCE

As for the glass, sounds like algae growth to me. Leave a spot alone for a few days, it'll probably turn green..

Jesse

Thanks! I do have a powerhead, it does help but not quite enough. I have more than enpugh flow (and turnover) so the reduction should be fine.

I will leave some alone for a week, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the same green algae I'm used to.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Im going to try the water bottle thing... And that was a dang fine Betta he had.

Back
Top Bottom